“brandon on hyway 80”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I eat there once a year hoping it will be different but is always so salty I cant eat it and hard as a rock. I am not a ticky eater so if I hate it its terrible.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Catfish and hush puppies were pretty good, but not among the best I've had on this trip. The cole slaw, however, was wonderful. The place is clean, service was good and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

My friend and I first went to a grill about two miles beyond Penn's Sunday after church for lunch. We were not satisfied with the long waiting time. I suggested we try Penn's. When we get there it was some different than what I thought it would be. My friend and I was again on our way out the door when we met a young man, an employer, near the door. I stopped him, was asking him about a restaurant about fifteen minutes away. During the conversation the reason we were leaving disclosed. He encouraged us to stay there, which we did. The food was good, and his service was excellent. Just before we left we learned he was the manager. He was so nice to us. I will be returning there soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

We had high hopes upon seeing menu, shrimp and fish combo for 11.99? Can't beat it, we thought...lettuce on salad bar looked and tasted like it had been out a while. That is fine who wants to fill up on salad? When we got our food our plates were full and looked and smelled great. Boy were we wrong! The catfish tasted like mud. The shrimp was ok, but nothing special. So bad we left the fish and went back to eating the stale salad. Best thing was the hush puppies, now they were great, but not 30 dollars great, which is what we spent for the meal. Would not recommend!

Reviewed 21 October 2015

My husband and I used to eat at Penn's quite a bit. However, the last few times we have gone, the smell in the bathroom/cashier area was terrible. It smells of sewage. Our last trip there was on a Friday night for the "Seafood Buffet". We arrived at 8:30 p.m. Our server or the hostess NEVER told us the buffet would end at 9:00 p.m. At 8:50 the workers started pulling food from the bar and throwing in the trash. When I asked the lady throwing the food away why she was doing that because we were still eating, she RUDELY replied, the buffet is over at 9. I tried to explain no one told us that or we would have gone somewhere else, she did not care and continued to throw the food in the garbage. Needless to say, we spent $55 that night, not including the $8 tip, and left hungry. I will NEVER go back because of this reason. NO WHERE does it say the buffet ENDS at 8:50 or even 9. This is poor customer service and pure greedy!!

1  Thank Tina J

Been to Penn's? Share your experiences!