“Poor evening service!”
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 402 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 May 2016

The hostess was nice and the sushi chef was nice and helpful. The bartender/server, however, was rude and even insulted me and my date because we simply asked about our drink order that hadn't come yet. We left highly upset and disappointed.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived and asked for outdoor seating since the weather was amazing. The hostess asked the bartender if we could sit outside. She was a new hire. The bartender proceeded to explain why he couldn't serve us, but "if she wanted to" she could. He then tried explaining how busy he was to us and I just told him it didn't matter to me who served us, we just wanted to eat outdoors. There were 2 parties sitting inside and no one outside. The hostess seated us and took our drink orders. She had been gone for about 5 minutes when we saw the bartender seating another party outside. They talked for a while and we flagged him down as he was heading back inside. I mentioned that we had ordered drinks a while ago and he immediately went on the defense telling me we were NOT the only people at the restaurant and straight away asked if we "still wanted our drinks or wanted to cancel the order." I found that highly offensive and we decided to leave. I've never been so insulted in a restaurant. I will not go back and I would not recommend this place as long as the current bartender is on staff. The hostess was very nice.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

Any time that I have gone, I have enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is great and service is relatively quick. I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I got my usual miso soup and salad. Also got a Phoenix roll that I expected to have a little more kick and a satisfactory spicy tuna roll. Bartender, Cali (Kali?) was super nice.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I frequent this place for a quick lunch. Sushi is decent and service is always good. I like the tempura and always enjoy the rolls (rock n roll, crab roll, and asparagus roll). Salad is typical for this type of restaurant, so is the soup. Lunch is usually $10-20 per person, just depending on how much sushi you want. Great place to do business and not terribly loud. Does get crowded though, but generally no wait. Park in the parking garage at the corner of Capitol Street and Farish. Its only a few bucks for the length of time you need there.

Been to Wasabi? Share your experiences!