“Really Good!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Recently had dinner here. I had eaten at the other location several years ago. Walking in, the place seemed empty but it was a week night. The service was good and placed our order. Food was fresh, prepared as ordered. Everything we had was good, the seafood platter was huge, and fried just right. Chef Monte always stops by and checks on you. I would recommend Byram area people try Monte’s for really good food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We went for the Sunday Buffet. It was basically the same menu as the last time we were there with a change up of the seafood item and vegetables. They were all delicious so I did not mind at all. The offerings were Fried and Baked Chicken, Cornbread Dressing, Cranberry Sauce and Gravy, Beef Tips and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Turnip Greens, Macaroni and Cheese and variety of sides. This day the Seafood offering was Crawfish, rice and sauce. Negatives, Cornbread had sugar in it and that is not to my taste. English Muffin on Eggs Benedicts did not hold up well on the steam table and was not edible. On the bright side, I discarded the English Muffin and put the English Muffin on my Caesar Salad and it made the salad even more fabulous. Desert offerings were Bread Pudding, Pineapple Cobbler and pound cake. Everything I ate was excellent. Chef Monte and Staff are so welcoming. This is a way to have Chef Monte's wonderful cooking at an affordable price.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We showed up right exactly as they were closing with a group of 10. The waitress took great care of us even though she had to stay later than normal. The kitchen staff fixed us a wonderful dinner. I had a ribeye and was pleased with it. The voodoo steak was very well received by 4 of my fellows. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Was taken there for a Sunday buffet lunch. Small selection which included fried chicken and roast beef. It was basically southern food, so I suppose I was expecting something more elegant given the name of the establishment. Food quality was good though.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I was very impressed. Nice, clean, quite, and a hint of elegance. The Owner personally went to every table greeting customers (Something that's rare to see). I was served by a older lady. She was the best server. She and the Owner both kept me updated on my order.

I had the Stuffed Shrimp Chef Monte as a Appetizer and the Seafood Pasta Fettuccini as the main Entree. Both Appetizer and Entree came with french bread. Oh a side salad was also served. Please try the "Comeback" dressing with your salad. TOO GOOD!! It's a zesty version of Remoulade and Thousand Island. I can't wait to go back to try other items on the menu.