“Delicious Seafood... Great Staff!”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 266 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were in Gulfport on vacation and went out to eat with a local couple we were visiting. They had never eaten at the Half Shell, but had heard it came highly recommended. We were so glad to have chosen this place to eat. The food was absolutely delicious. The sweet potato crème brulee was a must have. Our server, Courtney, was wonderful. We were so happy to have been seated at her table. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant... the hostess was very friendly as well. The atmosphere was also just right...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of our favorite places to eat. We have never had a bad meal or service here. The food is always consistent and always seasoned well. They have a variety of food from steaks to pasta and fresh gulf seafood. Prices are also reasonable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the Red Shrimps for Lunch and they were amazingly flavourful! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My sister, a Gulfport resident took me to lunch. New Orleans flair and decor, great atmosphere. We were seated right away and waited on. Our waitress was patient as my sister had just picked me up at the airport and were busy chit chatting. (Not browsing menu). We both chose the same lunch, seafood pot pie. DEVINE! Light pastry crust and filled with so much goodness! Shrimp, crab, crawfish, corn peas, carrots in a creamy sauce. Best pot pie I ever had for $9.00 served with a side salad. Beautiful presentation and melt in the mouth goodness!! Waitress kept our drinks full and cleared plates. A truly enjoyable dining experience!!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Salmon
Sweet potato creek brûlée
Seafood gumbo

EACH DISH WAS PERFECT!!

thank you to our server Michael for his excellent skills!!