“Don't Bother”

Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Went in and got seated right away. Small, cramped--after 10 minutes of not being acknowledged, we left. Prices RIDICULOUS

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

We are regular customers here, definitely the best sushi in town. Friendly staff. To go option. Our friend who tried their grill liked it too.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I love this place , yes it's a little pricey ,but if you going at lunch during the week it's about half price. Roughly for the dinner it's starts at around 20.00 bucks a person. They make sure your drink glass is always full ,great service so for a treat go try it out you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

We stopped in for a quick lunch. At most other Japanese restaurants like this, I can simply order shrimp fried rice and it's usually quite a bit cheaper than the whole hibachi meal (soup, salad, rice, meat & veggies). Unfortunately, I was told that I would still have to order the hibachi and that they would do extra rice and no soup, salad or veggies for no extra charge. Honestly, I don't understand an uncharge for rice instead of veggies. Rice is a super cheap food but they charge more for that than they would for the veggies (which I'm pretty sure costs more than the rice).

At any rate, what I had was good but when the ticket came, DH didn't really pay attention before paying. When I looked at it later, I was still charged for the extra rice which was pretty disappointing to me.

Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I usually eat here when in Clinton on business. I'm not looking for the whole hibachi experience but have seen it at the other tables and it just depends on the chef as to how good a job he does. I have also had the sushi and its alright. It's good but not the best I've ever had by any means.