“Lunch Date with my hubby Great place!!!”

Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I love this place , yes it's a little pricey ,but if you going at lunch during the week it's about half price. Roughly for the dinner it's starts at around 20.00 bucks a person. They make sure your drink glass is always full ,great service so for a treat go try it out you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 19 July 2015

We stopped in for a quick lunch. At most other Japanese restaurants like this, I can simply order shrimp fried rice and it's usually quite a bit cheaper than the whole hibachi meal (soup, salad, rice, meat & veggies). Unfortunately, I was told that I would still have to order the hibachi and that they would do extra rice and no soup, salad or veggies for no extra charge. Honestly, I don't understand an uncharge for rice instead of veggies. Rice is a super cheap food but they charge more for that than they would for the veggies (which I'm pretty sure costs more than the rice).

At any rate, what I had was good but when the ticket came, DH didn't really pay attention before paying. When I looked at it later, I was still charged for the extra rice which was pretty disappointing to me.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I usually eat here when in Clinton on business. I'm not looking for the whole hibachi experience but have seen it at the other tables and it just depends on the chef as to how good a job he does. I have also had the sushi and its alright. It's good but not the best I've ever had by any means.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 19 May 2015

This restaurant is less than a mile from home, so we eat here often. There are two seating options. You can sit around the grill and watch your food being cooked by an entertaining chef, or you can sit at conventional tables & booths. We've sort of been there done that with the whole clanging spatula routine, so we usually eat on the "sushi" side where it is much quieter, with the same menu. The Bento Box is our favorite. Lots of variety and plenty of food at a very reasonable price. The food here is consistently good and cooked just right.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This place is so much fun!!!! Super clean, very friendly, amazing service and the food was fantastic! A little pricier than you're average restaurant, but it's totally worth it.

Date of visit: March 2015