“Hreat food. ”

Heart & Soul Diner
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I ate lunch here on a Saturday. It wasnt very busy. Took a lot longer to get our food than it should. Our waitress was friendly. The food was perfectly cooked. Very good. Would definitley recommend this place .

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Our last experience here was about 2 years ago and it wasn’t good. I thought we would give them 1 last chance. There aren’t any other choices for breakfast in Brandon besides Waffle House and fast food. Well this 1 last chance was it! We were there on a Saturday morning. To start off... we were walking in the door as an employee was walking in for work and we thought he was a cook, turns out he was the prep person/dish washer who works in the back. He nearly knocked us down to get in the door before us and then just let the door slam in our face. We should have left them! We goi in and it wasn’t really busy. We waited 35 minutes for our waitress to come take our order. Mean while 5 tables that came in after us, had their orders taken and some even received their meals. Finally an other waitress (who wasn’t our waitress) came by and said can I get y’all something and I said, yes... we would like to order. She took our orders and our original waitress brought our drink orders and they were wrong. When our good came, we had been there for 1 hour! The food was not good. The eggs had no seasoning and the pancakes were just ehh. Honestly we could have gotten better food and service at one of the fast food places in town. Oh and it was $30 for 2 people to eat pancakes, eggs and bacon with coffee and orange juice, that was not even good. We left 1/2 of our food. I have no problem paying well for decent food and decent service but this is just unacceptable!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

So we were in town for the night and just wanted a quick bite to eat. Both the server and the cook did an amazing job. The omelets that we ordered were cooked perfectly. But the beignets really stole the show. They came with a caremel dipping sauce and were just simply amazing. I can't recall our servers name but he was very friendly and attentive to our needs while also doubling as a second cook, due to them being the only two on staff that night. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and the food was good. I had the strawberry salad which I loved and my husband had a great dish as well. We’ll go back for breakfast since they’re voted best breakfast several years in a row!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This diner is a cut above your average hometown “greasy spoon.” For example, a lot of places serve chicken strips as an afterthought, whereas their chicken strips are crispy, juicy, and well seasoned. Their banger-sausages are some of the best I’ve had in this area. The Jamaican chicken and waffle is excellent as is the island curry chicken. We’ll be back, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Heart & Soul Diner? Share your experiences!