“Unimpressive and Excuses from The General Manager”

Best Western Plus Cypress Creek
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Sadly our stay was not what it could have been. There was a strange smell in the lobby that lasted for well over a day. It smelled vaguely of the ocean and after getting out of the car following a long drive, we thought it was just a natural smell. We later realized it wasn't.

Also, the breakfast was definitely subpar. The staff seemed completely unprepared each morning and constantly ran out of items. Also they could not keep up and served much of the food cold or lukewarm. On our last day we decided to get breakfast at a local restaurant, there was not even coffee made when we left.

The beds were excellent. We slept great each night. Also the rooms were large and well maintained. The water was horrible, but I suspect that has more to do with the local water supply than the hotel.

When I received a survey from Best Western I filled it out honestly. I then received an email from the general manager. He tried to claim the smell was quickly dealt with, yet the staff knew nothing of it when I commented on it to them as I checked out, the same people who checked me in. Also he tried blaming his guests, saying they expected more from a limited service hotel than they could offer. I'm not sure if he was trying to blame me or his other guests, either way he fell short and showed little class in trying to blame others.

With some work and a better GM, it could be a good facility.

Room Tip: Best avoided
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Syed N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience and I would like you to know that I was not trying to blame you about it but trying to explain that smell was not from the hotel. In fact I never experience such a smell ever before. However myself & my staff mopped the floor & sprayed the deodorizer few times & I don't know what else we could have done.
We had a family reunion in the hotel and my staff had some difficulty handling this group. I would like to assure you that we had a 5 star rating reviews most of the time from our guests on Tripadvisor and other social media.
I would like you to know that your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and come back and see us again so that we can take care of you the way you deserve as our guest.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Always a pleasure great staff very professional great service love the breakfast and we wasn't disturbed by any cleaning or neighbors will definitely be back soon thanks again!!! One other thing thank you Scott at the front desk and the cleaning staff very professional and very helpful with all our needs thanks again will be back soon !!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Syed N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thank you for giving us a 5 star rating. We have conveyed your gratitude to all our staff members and specially Scott who is a valuable member of our staff and he thank you for the compliments.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for week while working in this area!! Very nice staff, great breakfast, and very clean!! We will stay here next year!! This was surprising because you can tell it is an older hotel, but the owners and management really take care of it!! Talk to Ms Vib, she takes care of the second floor, she reminds me of my grandma, always helpful and friendly!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property. We have conveyed your gratitude to all our staff & specially Ms. Vib who is a great asset to this property.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I had a wonderful time.Staff was very helpful and awesome.the hotel was clean and bright.the lady that helped me was very informative and sweet.the room was more then i expected,so tjat was a big plus.Breakfast was amazing

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Syed N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property. We have conveyed your gratitude to the sweet lady & she thank you for the compliments.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Coming from Hamilton Ontario, we were looking for a place to relax and near to Alabama! It was perfect, nice breakfast, comfortable beds, and quiet! I was so happy to sit by the pool and chill. Beaches, casinos and shopping were near by.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.