“What a disappointment”

Bel Cibo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 37 Restaurants in Revesby
Description: Bel Cibo Italian Restaurant will focus on creating a truly outstanding experience for every guest through refined, fresh handmade Italian meals and exceptional service from beginning to end.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was a last minute decision to eat here, as we were in the club and hungry.
The restaurant was half full, yet our orders took over 40 minutes to arrive.

The three pasta dishes were too sweet, and tasted like out of a jar tomato sauce. One of the pasta dishes was over cooked and mushy.

At this price point $25 - $30 mains, I’d expect freshly prepared food. I’d assume this restaurant would compete with the Italian at Bankstown Sports, but is no where near the level.

The staff were nice, friendly, took the feedback well and offered a coffee as an apology. I feel sorry for them, as the back of house team (produce ordering and chefs) let’s them down.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 50th Valentine's Day at this place as they were running a special menu for the day at $75 per head, not including drinks.

We normally go to a restaurant to celebrate Valentine's Day and our experiences to date have mostly been very good - this was an exception; it was very average.

We expected there would be some form of decoration on the table - even a candle in a vase - but no, the people running the place did not want that, so we had bland white tables all round and absolutely no atmosphere. It seems they did the same at Christmas - no decorations allowed.

We had preliminary drinks and ordered from the set menu. After waiting an hour, we asked the waitress if our entrée was ready; apparently there was some communication break down as the cooks had been told that we had already eaten our entrees. So, the waitress endeavoured to expedite the first course, which was barbecued octopus.

In the meantime, we asked if we could have some form of bread as we already had the bread and butter plates. The answer was simply "We do not serve any form of bread here." So, I am unsure as to why we had the plates, but there they were.

Directly, and with a sincere apology, the entrée arrived. There is a skill in cooking baby octopus to ensure that it is tender; I think the secret is to cook it quickly at high heat. Whatever the secret, our cooks were not aware of it because ours was so tough, a fork would not penetrate it. It was like eating a mouth full of rubber bands.

The second course was much better - well anything would have been better I guess - but we were relieved to see that our steaks were as we had requested. Unfortunately, as our main meal arrived, one of the staff decided it would be a good time to spray disinfectant onto the adjoining tables where people had left and wipe the tables down, so we ate our main meal to the delicate aroma of an operating room in a public hospital.

Before our third course arrived, the staff decided to remove our bread and butter plates. I tried to explain that we needed these for the cheese platter that we had ordered for dessert and we had not used them anyway. But the staff would have none of it - we were to get new plates to use with our cheese platter. I could not make sense of this but the staff member was becoming aggressive so I let it pass.

The cheese platter was quite good, although it would have fed a small army so the two of us could not do it justice.

We were the last to leave and it was a relief to get out. Our waitress tried her best but she was battling a raft of problems, none of which were her doing.

I can understand that a low cost meal has its limitations but this restaurant is pricing its cuisine at the upper end of the scale and its patrons are entitled to have higher expectations. Sadly, the experience falls a long way short of these expectations.

Our preference is now the Italian restaurant in Bankstown Sports Club, which we frequented recently. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding, the decor was good and the price was quite reasonable. Certainly, on a value for money basis, Bel Cibo does not even rate by comparison to other restaurants we have tried.

2  Thank Traveller209948
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Annoyed!!!

I rang the Revesby Workers Club on Monday (where Belcibo is located), and asked to make a booking. I was told by the restaurant that the restaurant is not open until Wed, and would I like to leave a message on their answering machine - which I did.
By Wednesday afternoon, I had not heard back from them regarding making a booking, so I contacted them again, and again left another message for them to call me. After 2 hours of waiting & not receiving a call back, I rang again, and spoke to a young girl named Vivienne, who told me that her team leader, is not in until Thursday, and could I call back then to make my booking.
Unbelievable, 4 days, to try and make a dinner booking (and still waiting on a call back)
Very disappointed....

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

They recently renovated the Revesby Workers Club and Bel Cibo got a whole new over haul. It now looks like a fine dining restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere.
Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Great wine selections, we personally love their Sangiovese.
The food has improved 10 fold. I’ve had their steak rib eye, their pan fried chicken with baby beetroot and pancetta, and they make the most delicious baked beetroot and mousse salad!!! The seafood has always been fresh and service runs smoothly and on time. It’s our “go to” when we want to stay local.
I haven’t seen many kids in there, each time we go it’s kid free for date night. They don’t promote that it’s kid free but I haven’t seen kids in there.
I think this is Revesby best dining option

1  Thank TheAussieHousewife
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Avoid at all costs my wife’s pork belly was horrible skin was not crispy Brussel sprouts were undercooked we told manager she said there was nothing she would/could do

1  Thank Daniel S