“Disappointed”

Add it.
Taco John's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I've always preferred Taco John's to other similar fast food Mexican restaurants because their level of quality seemed a bit higher than the competition. I also enjoy that they offer a sauce bar with an okay variety of options to add to your food. However...this particular location did not meet my normal expectations. While ordering...the cashier decided it was the best option for me to 'get the meal'. So...based on her suggestions...I did. [I ordered three soft shell tacos/medium Potato Oles/Medium soda.] The order came to almost $10!? I was briefly shocked...but paid without really questioning. The cup they gave me for a medium soda was monstrous! There is really no way that could've been a medium. Same for the size of the portion of Oles...ridiculously large. Upon viewing my receipt...I saw that I was charged for a large meal...not a medium meal. Very sneaky...and unprofessional on her behalf. She managed to talk my friend into the same type of 'deal'...her meal coming close to $12.00! When I unwrapped my tacos...my real disappointment set in. They barely had any lettuce...and even less cheese. These are the only two toppings that come standard on regular soft shells. The least they could have done would have been to have decent amounts of both on there. The Oles were so-so...clearly not recently prepared. The store itself appeared clean. We were in and out in under 15 minutes. I'm still a fan of Taco John's...but most likely will not return to this location again.

2  Thank StarletteSkye

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Service was quick, food was tasty, cashier guy was friendly and got our order perfect. This was our first time at this location.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Usually have some daily deals, ie. Taco Tuesdays. Great tasting tacos. (10lb ice bags for cheap - $.99)

Reviewed 20 May 2012

When we complained about the beef in the soft shell taco and told the employes that it had in off taste to both of us there response was to give us one more taco from the same batch of meat rather than offer a refund or another item. That taco also had an off taste as well as the ones before. Our order was for 5 tacos. Because of the employes attitude we were recluntant too pursue the matter any further. And there for we tossed the tacos.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
White Bear Lake
Reviewed 25 June 2008

Its exactly what you would expect

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook