“Turkish Cuisine - A Refreshing Choice”

Black Sea Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Was just about to head lout for pizza when I saw the sign on County Rd E and Highway 61. Not much on atmosphere but was the food was very good. I got the beef tips Kebab with grilled onions, green peppers, and tomatoes (#26 " Et Kebab"). The meat and vegetables were very tasty. The Baklava is excellent and the Turkish homemade lemonade is delicious. Price was reasonable.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Went with family. We had a variety appetizer platter and a wide variety of meals. Everyone enjoyed the food, and we weren't rushed. Lots of good conversation.

Don't look for decor, but the food and service were enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

Stopped in for a quick solo dinner while I was in town. Yelp rated this the best place around and from what I had I'd have to agree. Gyro platter with fries and a couple Grain Belt's to rinse it down made for a perfect dinner. The server was prompt and very helpful. I'll be back for sure when I visit the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

My wife and I have eaten here several times (and would more often if it were open on Sundays). Every meal has been delicious: highly recommend the Meze Platter, Falafel salad, Falafel sandwich, Dolma (grape leaves stuffed with rice and vegetables), hummus and the spinach pie - all the best we have had. Try the homemade lemonade or the Turkish iced tea. Very simple and informal, with very friendly staff. Nice photos and artwork of Turkish scenes. Tremendous value.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

We love to go to Black Sea, and it is quite near our home. We have eaten or taken out from them a dozen times. However, for whatever reason the lunch we picked up today was disgusting..............inedible.

We ordered two veggie combos and two spinach pies. Specifically the falafel was cold greasy and dense, and there was a powerful off flavor in the spinach. I can make an educated speculation (I have spent my whole life working in restaurants) and that is that what we got was leftover from lunch and some clever person dropped the fried items back into the fryer to warm them up. I think this because the rice underneath was fresh and hot but the rest was gross. And when I say gross I mean I had two bites and got severe hick-ups and was unable to continue.

I will give them another try in a few months because I know anyone can have a bad day, and also good experienced help is hard to find. I would also like to point out I left this review here because there is no contact us button or email address on the website. I would be a lot more likely to try Black Sea again if I could get my money back on this order.

2  Thank andy11ydna