“Nice location and fine food”

Admiral D's Waterfront Tavern
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Tilapia tacos. 3 tacos Topped with mango salsa and included coleslaw. $13.95. Came with barbecue chips. The shells were soft and that is the way I like them. Nice size. Not so large that I would take some home but more than enough to fill. Lots of chips. Not so much slaw. Came in the same size plastic cup that the dipping sauce came in. Dipping sauce was good

Nice view on the deck

Very barish menu

Mango margarita. $8 Got blended rather than on the rocks. Very nice. Very juicy and not too much ice. Nice garnish of line and large orange slices

Fair value for the price. Good service. Owner came by.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This is a restaurant known for its live music and outdoor patio. There's an American menu and a full bar. I think the food has been good, but be prepared to wait in line and be patient with your server. It can take awhile to get served. This place is packed on the weekends. It's a pretty spot on the lake and the live music is a draw. I like going here on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The crowds aren't an issue and the service is better.
Parking can be a challenge.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I was there this Summer and though there were tables open it took forever before a server stopped. 25 minutes to get a beer. over 90 minutes to get food
and we never recieved the 2nd beer we ordered
Gave them a 2nd chance recently. We were ignored other than the owner reprimanding us for putting up the patio umbrella on our table.
He walked by us NINE times never greeted us or took a drink order.
We gave up, walked out and waitress followed us out, apologized and said she assumed the owner was helping us since he kept walking by our table.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Listed as one of the best patios in the Twin Cities, it had a relaxing laid-back vibe on White Bear Lake. Large patio with lots of tables, including some fun bar-height tables with fire bowls in the middle to ward off the chill. Was a great place for a quick bite & glass of wine on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Friendly, helpful service.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2016

On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, my daughter was craving sweet potato fries, my hubby wanted something to eat and I was wanting to be outside - so we ended up at Admiral D's for some appetizers and some drinks. It was not terribly busy and we seated ourselves to a table by the lake. We kept it simple and shared 3 appetizers (nachos, fries and chicken bites) and enjoyed each one. The Nachos were fabulous - pulled pork and BBQ sauce with all the rest of the regular nacho fixings made for a great dish! It was a generous portion we easily shared. The sweet potato fries were just what my daughter craved and the chicken was tasty. Prices are mid to high for what we got - we dropped $40 for appetizers and 2 glasses of wine.

I have been here before and I am glad they changed and use glass, instead of plastic, for the beverages now, Admiral D's provides a fun and beautiful outdoor eating experience.

Date of visit: September 2016