“Celebration”

Castaways Wine Bar and Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We went with a group of friends. It was very quiet but we were looked after very well. The menu was interesting and the service very good

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Friendly service. Food was enjoyed by everyone. I had the “special” pork chop and sticky toffee pudding and ice cream - both excellent.

2  Thank Hobzmeister
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Popped in having walked from Flushing. Arrived at 4.30 and casually asked the barman if they were serving food. He said not, but they would be at 6.00, at which point the chef interjected and said he was happy to cook as he was well into his preparation for that evening.
I ordered a chicken Caesar salad followed by the butternut risotto.
The chicken Caesar salad was up there with the very best I’ve had, beautifully cooked chicken (and plenty of it) crisp, fresh lettuce, and good tangy cheese . Pretty much perfect.
The butternut risotto was equally good, perfectly cooked rice, and exquisite taste (could of done without the toasted walnuts)
Staff pleasant, attentive and friendly.
All round an excellent (and much needed) dining experience.
Would happily return there and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

4  Thank Henry C
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

6 of us ate at Castaways mid July and were perfectly happy with our food, both quantity and quality. Service was excellent. Personally, I don’t like the beer & lager choices on tap, but our food was good. I understand a new menu is being introduced very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

They have recently got a new head chef in, a big change in the menu but for the better! It has become more of a restaurant than a cafe, so prices have become a bit more expensive to when I last visited. It is worth it though. I absolutely loved the food! Fresh ingredients, excellent quality flavours. Service was a bit slow due to the busy summer holiday demand. I will be back again this summer!

Pip S, Manager at Castaways Wine Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate that you have noticed that the quality of food has improved. We look forward to seeing you again this summer and hope that the service will have sped up ;-)

Many thanks again