“superb food with lovely staff”

Castaways Wine Bar and Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2016

very busy Saturday evening - staff coped well, freshly cooked food so a bit of a delay coming - but worth it. Best Sea Bass I've had for ages. Super thin crust pizza was loaded with flavour, definitely no skimping here.
Lemoncello Brule was wonderful, but the chocolate brownie was a little bitter for my taste but lovely gooey texture.
Only small negative is that when the restaurant is full it's very noisy in the barn-like room.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We called in without booking, early on a Friday evening. ( my husbands fault, he didn't think we'd need to book). On arrival we we were advised there wasn't a table available, but if we'd like to have a drink, we'd be seated as soon as possible. From start to finish we had a really lovely experience. The staff were cheerful and welcoming, the atmosphere buzzy, with chattering families, and no wonder it was so lively! The food was wonderful, great choice to suit everyone, with an Italian theme running through the menu. Prices around average for a holiday destination with such an amazing view over Mylor harbour.
It was so good we returned with the whole family for a wonderful Sunday lunch, which was equally lovely!
I promised I'd write a review, so here it is!

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Took the Flushing Ferry from Falmouth to Flushing and took a very pleasant 2 mile walk to The Castaways at Mylor Harbour. The restaurant is on the harbour side so there is plenty going on. The service was friendly and efficient there were plenty of specials on offer but we chose pizzas which were delicious.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

First visit this year, it appears to have changed hands since we last came. Service was swift and menu was pretty much unchanged. Food was fine, just would have appreciated being able to finish my last mouthful before the plate was whisked away. Nice refurb on the toilets.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I took my husband out for a very late Father's Day meal, we started with the mixed platter to share, which was fantastic, my husband then had the home made burger, which was ok but I think the chef slipped with the salt as I think there was a day's quota in it! My meal looked unappetising but did taste better but would have benefited from some vegetables. The drink prices were eye watering with 2 large glasses of white wine just under £15!!