US$127
US$128
US$111
US$104
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$149
US$192
US$173
Homewood
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

All reviewsstandard hie farerestaurant attachedroom was cleanenjoyable staywe've stayedother guestseasy accesssuitedeskwalmarttargetinterstaterepairrenovation
Reviewed 13 April 2011

2 br suite was great. requested ride from airport in advance. was told no shuttle. it was parked out front at check in. told it only goes 5 miles. st paul 8 miles away. had to cab to hockey tournament while it sat parked. pool was closed but we weren't notified of this fact. otherwise hotel was great value

Room Tip: 2 br suite very good
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank sebagome
mgrmary, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your suite during your stay with us. While we do have a shuttle we use it for local travel as you stated, within a five mile radius of the hotel. We apologize that we were not able to accomodate your trip from the airport as that is a farther distance. We are undergoing renovations to better our facilities for our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 2 January 2010

Our family of 6 stayed in a two bedroom suite for 2 nights after having stayed at a Residence Inn 2 bedroom in SD for 4 nights. This room wasn't even close to the quality of the Residence Inn. My two sons had their X-Box 360 but couldn't use it because the TV's were so old there wasn't a way to hook up the X-Box. One of the remotes didn't work and it took them a day to find a new one. Only the bedrooms had heaters and there was a fan that was supposed to suck air from one of the bedrooms into the main area. You had to turn the fan off at night because it was so loud. The bathroom tile was crumbling and they never provided enough towels. While most of this stuff makes the hotel "average" because we had just stayed in a two bedroom at a competitor we did have a direct comparison. I'm Platinum Holiday Inn but will be booking Residence Inn next time I'm in the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
mgrmary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. We will be undergoing a renovation later this fall and will be using your suggestions to better our property as we move forward. We hope that you and your family would come back and give us another try so that we can show you the excellent service that we strive for.

Reviewed 3 August 2009

I stayed here for one night on a quick visit to the Twin Cites.

As stated in a previous review, this is a new property near (but not on) I-35E, near stores and restaurants. As a visitor, I thought from the name it would be closer to downtown St. Paul, but the interstate was fast and I spent the day a bit further north, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

The property itself was new and very nice -- the 2-story lobby was a nice touch. My room was a Queen/sleep sofa configuration and it was huge -- I'd happily take this kind of room when I travel with the whole family. The walls were thick enough that noise (except for closing doors) was not a problem. A/C was the old style units with dial settings rather than a numerical thermostat, but it worked fine.

I walked past the pool/whirlpool and both looked small -- smaller than a normal backyard pool or standard hot tub in my neighborhood. I used the business center to print my return flight boarding pass: the single computer & printer were nothing special but got the job done.

Breakfast was standard HIE fare, with a few unusual donuts mixed in (they must get those locally). The breakfast room was a bit small for the size of the property and the staff were not quite keeping up with the Sunday breakfast rush, but that was in part due to large wedding party eating together.

Front desk staff were very friendly (this is Minnesota) and helpful. They had a little dice game at check in, and I won some hand sanitizer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2008

This facility is a pretty standard mid-range motel. It is very convenient to the freeway (I-35E), with a shopping center and various restaurants and gas stations nearby. The rooms are nothing special, but our room with a king bed was generously sized. The room included a small refrigerator and microwave. Continental breakfast is included (various pastries, etc., yogurt, pre-made eggs and sausage, cereal beverages). Walls are thin, so expect to hear your neighbors' discussions and TV.

Please watch out for extra "energy" surcharge on your bill. I made the reservation at a designated rate, plus tax, on the Holiday Inn web site. The final bill, however, had a $2/day extra energy charge tacked on. I thought this was outrageous (not to mention pretty sleazy for a company like Holiday Inn), and I complained to the front desk when I checked out. They reversed the charges without argument. That's nice, I suppose, but I wonder how many people just don't notice the extra phony charge or assume it's some sort of Minnesota state fee, and then pay it without objection. This attempt to weasle an extra $2 a day, though not a lot of money, left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll stay elsewhere next time (there's a Country Inn right next door).

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank MinnViking
mgrmary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2009

Thank you for your honesty in your review. We have relayed your feedback to the ownership group and your comments are being reviewed. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2008

I have been traveling to this area on business for the last few months and have come to call the Holiday Inn Express - Vadnais heights my home away from home!

The hotel is new and very nice. I love the trendy/contemporary decor, free hot breakfast and very accomodating staff. I stay at a lot of hotels and this is honestly one of my favorites. I usually try to pick a Holiday Inn brand to get my Priority Club points and I initially stayed at a few other Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Minneapolis/St Paul area before finding this one which has turned out to be the best.

I can't say enough about the staff which has bent over backwards to accomodate my every need. In addition, I also love the restaurant/bar that is connected to the hotel. (You will find me there anytime there is a baseball or foot ball game). It is one of the only bars/restaurants that I feel comfortable going to alone.

Also, I have found this hotel to be priced very competitive with other area hotels.

I liked this location so much that I recommended it to my son's soccer team and the whole group raved about the location/service. We took the kids to the Mall Of America which is not that far away.

I think you will like it also.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Our friendly staff loves to be reminded of their hard work. Your comments will be forwarded to them.