“Still my favorite Minnesota happy hour place”

Mad Jacks Sports Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mad Jacks Sports Cafe in Vadnais Heights, MN is a new kind of sports bar. We have all the fun and drinks of a sports bar, but with quality food in a more upscale and family-friendly atmosphere. At Mad Jacks we use woodfire cooking for a unique, mouthwatering taste! All of our food is made fresh and ready to order. We use only the best ingredients available and provide a wide variety of delicious options. Local favorites include our Lumberjack Salmon, which is an Atlantic Salmon fillet, cedar plank grilled with a citrus-soy glaze and then finished off with our famous bread pudding of homemade goodness all baked together in one special dessert, served warm with vanilla bean ice cream. Don't feel like eating out? You can enjoy delicious Mad Jacks to-go in the comfort of your own home! Mad Jacks has daily specials and happy hours to help you get through your busy week. After a long day you can look forward to hanging out with us and your friends at Mad Jacks for a drink and a bite to eat. Be sure to join us for your favorite sports game. We have big TVs in our dining room and bar so that you never have to miss a game! Come by for a bite and some refreshing drinks at Mad Jacks Sports Cafe. You don't know Jack! Isn't it about time you got to know?
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I always go to Mad Jacks when visiting family. I contacted them ahead of time and they up an area in the bar for 15 family members. We had happy hour appetizers and drinks. A very nice casual bar/restaurant.

1  Thank Allen S

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I took my wife here a couple times. First time we found the service slow and a crabby waitress. Second time it was late and we sat down and were told immediately the kitchens closed.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Met a friend for lunch. I hate a half-Asian salad (which was enough for lunch; I was concerned it would not be a big enough portion, but it was.) My friend and I met early for lunch, so the place was quiet and it was easy to talk. The staff was friendly. The salad was good. Overall there was nothing wrong with this place, but it is nothing I would rave about or go out of my way to eat at. I would probably end up eating here again only if I was in the area and needed a place to eat.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I met a friend here for a few drinks over happy hour. I enjoyed a Surly Furious($4.25) and my friend had the Mad Jacks Amber($4). Hope you don't get the first pour of the day on your beer and I would suggest that you ask for a lemon with your water as it tasted a bit funky... Nice atmosphere, small patio, selfie sticks table side - seriously.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We have been here many times. We always have a great time when there. They have two side, the bar side and the restaurant side. they have the ability to seat larger groups. The food is great. The atmosphere is great. Management and staff are friendly. Drink Menu is really nice. Always a good time when we are there.