“Nice view but pricey for average food”

Splashing Rock Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I went to Splashing Rock after checking in to the Grand Superior Lodge. I waited at the hostess station to be seated and even though three different servers walked right by me, not one acknowledged I was there or offered to help. The hostess finally came and seated me by a window with a great view. I thought things might get better --well, not the service. The waitress acted annoyed and disinterested. I ordered the beef tips with garlic mashed potatoes. The food was OK, but nothing memorable. I don't know if I'd bother eating there again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We enjoyed lunch at the Splashing Rock with our grown children. Our table had a nice view of Lake Superior and the atmosphere was pleasant. Soup, salad, and bread was tasty and filling. My daughter loved the vegetarian sandwich she ordered, and the guys thought the chicken sandwich was good. They have a nice selection of craft beers on tap. Prices were pretty reasonable ($10-12 for what we each ordered) and service was good.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on a Sunday afternoon. We were confused on where the restaurant was which is inside the hotel. It was very quite in the restaurant. We were seated right away and orders placed quickly. It was a beautiful restaurant with a great view of the lake. We had the walleye and a burger. The walleye sandwich with kettle chips was $13 which is a bit more than I usually spend on that type of sandwich. The bread and the sauce complimented the fish well. The total cost for the meal was $40 with the tip. I would go back if the prices were lowered.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This is just okay. If you don’t want to leave the hotel, eat here. I think the food is okay, but a little on the expensive side. I don’t mind paying more for a great meal. This was just okay. Nothing special. Lingonberry salad dressing and lingonberry butter were good. I was hoping that they would have a lingonberry specialty cocktail but they didn’t. They also didn’t make a very good vodka cranberry- too strong.

1  Thank bzymom22
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Just up the road from another place with a 40 minute wait. So glad we decided not to wait! A beautiful view of the lake while dining. Very comfortable. The signature sandwich was awesome! Large filet of walleye in a fresh focacia bread with lemon dill aioli. It was perfect! We will definitely stop her again on our way South in a few days. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018