“Ample portions, great comfort good”

Black Wood's Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch during our scenic drive on highway 61. The restaurant is dog friendly on their outside deck.
The service was fast and attentive. I had the delicious chicken pot pie (everything in it tasted very fresh; the crust was great) and my husband had an excellent meatloaf platter with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes. We did say hearty comfort food. We don’t have such delicacies very often, making the experience oh so yummy.
We brought about half of our lunch home and enjoyed the meal again for dinner.
I was surprised though that a sugared cornbread with their own cinnamon butter was served with a savory lunch dish. I did not ask if an unsugared version was available, but should have. Overall, a satisfying experience. We would go back.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had an okay experience at this restaurant. It took awhile to get attention that we were waiting to get seated. After we were seated, we did have a sweet server. The food did seem overpriced. I did not enjoy the bison pot pie as much as I thought, but I think it was just my palate, it was very well made.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We look forward to stopping here every year and often try to stop multiple times. It has excellent food (the cheese curds are great) and a stellar beer selection. The pot pie is my fave, mainly because of the absurdly good cornbread. The patio is a nice place to sit on a warm day. The staff is super friendly and service is quick! I would recommend it for anyone, but it is lovely for families because there is usually enough space for kids to move around a bit. I love this place!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Best Reuben I’ve ever had...and I’ve had a lot of them! Everyone else’s food was wonderful. Pot pie, pasta, and pizza.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our summer family vacation July 2018. One had a burger, one had a pasta dish, one had meatloaf, and one had the Rueben. We are a family of foodies so of course we had to pass the dishes around. We all loved everything and will definitely be back. Good service, great food and they also serve Castledanger beer which was our first time trying that beer and it was also very good. I don’t leave many reviews but this one was a must as it exceeded our expectations!