“Yum!”
Review of Hu Tieu Ben Tre

Hu Tieu Ben Tre
Ranked #10 of 82 Restaurants in Morley
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We came to this place as our favourite Vietnamese place was closed for the day, to be honest I didn’t have high expectations especially when the place was empty when we arrived, but wow was I wrong... we came here at 4pm and got served right away. I ordered the vegetable pho soup with rice noodles and it was so refreshingly good. As a vegetarian it’s extremely challenging to go to a Vietnamese place and try and order vegetable pho as it’s primarily a meat dish but here, they not only serve it they serve it extremely well. 100% is my new favourite place for pho!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Tried this restaurant for the first time after my Aunty spotted an ad for it in her Cantonese magazine. I'm so pleased we did. Great service, with friendly staff who were happy to answer all of our questions and patiently too. My Aunty had beef and rice vermicelli noodles in spicy soup. Loads of fresh herbs, veggies, garnishes and chilli to add. The serving size was enormous! Excellent value and great taste too. I had the BBQ pork. Again way too much but oh, so succulent unlike, many other times I have had this in Vietnamese restaurants. Do yourself a favour and give this place a try.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My friend recommended this Vietnamese Restaurant to us and she said she did not manage to finish the foods each time. Yes! The portion is super size and the price is not! We were amazed by the budget price but not compromised with the standard! Thanks for Hu Tieu Ben Tre!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We ordered Sizzling Lamb, Fried Garlic Squid, Curry Beef, Ginger Chicken and Fried Rice. I have never had such bland bland tasting food in any Asian cuisine I have eaten Every dish lacked flavor. The serving sizes of each dish were extremely small so at an average of $16 per dish I think is poor value especially when it didn't taste good. We noticed a lot of people ordering the big bowls of noodle soup dishes so perhaps that's their forte.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017

When we walked in we noticed the lovely fresh looking decor. We were given a bottle of cold tap water but no complimentary tea. When ordering our meals I asked for tea but still didn’t get any. The food was average. I had the egg omelette. The serving was very large and tasted good. My husband had chili squid he said it tasted ok but has had better. The menu is good and the prices are reasonable. The service was good with friendly staff.

Date of visit: February 2017