“I know it's a bold call, but this is the best Thai food in Bayside”

Original Thai Cooking
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We're fortunate to have some terrific Thai restaurants and takeaways around Bayside, but this fabulous place, tucked away in "the Golden Triangle" area of Cheltenham, is (in my humble opinion) the best without doubt.

The red/green curry is always tasty, delicious and just the right level of spice.

Both the Penang Curry and Red Ducky Curry are terrific. The Pad Khing and Pad Thai meals are particular favourites and outstanding. My kids love the roti bread with their own satay sauce.

The food is cooked in front of you, always fresh and we've never once been let down or disappointed in the slightest. Terrific and friendly staff.

Note that the takeaway restaurant is open Thursday to Sunday, 6pm to 9pm.

Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Haggis_Supper

Reviewed 6 September 2016

My mum and I went for their Thai cooking classes and OMG it was sooo much fun and the food was delicious. The day was full of laughs and we learnt so much that we decided to create the same recipes for my grandpa's 70th birthday, our food was a hit!

1  Thank Taylor P
Reviewed 4 July 2016

WOW. - what a great day learning from Kaew. Her passion and sense of humour keep everyone on their toes. I learnt so much about the little things that make a huge difference to authentic Thai cooking. She really is a master, particularly with the sauces. We helped prepare and sampled each dish. There was plenty to take home to share. I don't think I have tasted Thai food as good as this anywhere here or in Thailand. Be prepared to go and buy authentic ingredients at the Asian market. No need to take notes as all of the recipes, ingredients and the method are emailed to you following the class. Cost is $120 for single or $200 for two people. Highly recommended for anyone with a passion for great food and cooking.

1  Thank Lyn W
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We wanted some good tasty Asian food, the few around us that we knew of were disappointing but I noticed Original Thai the other week as I drove along Follett Road so thought we'd give them a try, nothing to lose except another disappointment, right? Well disappointed is not a word I would associate with restaurant after getting a delicious meal there tonight. From the first to the last bite, scrumptious. The roti, the rice, the satay chicken, not too spicy, not bland, just yum. My only regret is that we've missed out of this place for 2 years. We will be back . . . . often.

1  Thank OzAverageTraveller
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Learnt a great deal about cooking. use of spices and how to prepare great Thai food. Had a terrific time.