“We had a great wedding dinner here!”

Waves of Superior Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Tofte
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Open Seasonally. Simple, pure, and seasonally inspired flavors Located at Surfside on Lake Superior, Waves of Superior Café offers breathtaking views of Lake Superior in a sunny, serene setting that complements our signature Waves of Superior Spa. Enjoy light, healthy fare from our Chef driven menus featuring the freshest offerings of the Minnesota seasons, and our commitment to regionally grown, organic, naturally raised, wild caught ingredients. Open seasonally serving Breakfast, Lunch and a sumptuous Weekend Brunch buffet, Waves of Superior Café is a nice stop after your spa treatment, workout or hike.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We had a wedding dinner here and the walleye with wild rice was fantastic! The views are gorgeous from inside the banquet room, restaurant and outside deck. Fantastic wedding venue.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We had brunch before we headed back. This started at 8am and ended at 12. In my opinion it was pretty expensive for this buffet. There was a few different choices for different people, however from advertisements I saw I expected it to be busy and expected way more for the price.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for our first time at Surfside resort. This cafe was convenient for our daily breakfasts, a lunch and Sunday brunch before hitting the road back home. Wish it was open for dinner too as the only option for a nearby dinner was not good. They have a yummy gluten-free bread and can adapt any breakfast/ lunch item. The sunrise scrambled eggs were a hearty portion and delicious. Our kids loved the Belgian waffles. Food is made with care in the kitchen and good attention to flavorful details while remaining healthy. Service was always with a big friendly smile; Ivona was a delight! Thanks! We'll be back!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

What I like the most is I can get a healthy delicious breakfast. Today I had the Eggs Benedict and it was perfect. Asparagus, greens, fresh fruit, with potatoes as well. Yummo' way to start the day. Balanced and healthy. I really enjoy the seating area and sweet staff as well. I have gotten trail sandwiches here too, and what a great treat that was for lunch on the trail. Of course I'll be back.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We went for the Sunday brunch. It was okay, not great. I was looking forward to lox, which were listed on the menu, and there were none. Small croissants, unwarmed, and muffins, unwarmed. The blinis were good, the egg scramble okay. Fruit was cut up melon and pineapples, no berries--which are in season. No mimosas or anything of that sort. A small spread and to my mind, not worth the money.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Barbara M

Been to Waves of Superior Cafe? Share your experiences!