“Neat Place In Beautiful Stillwater, MN”

Lowell Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lowell Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 105 Restaurants in Stillwater
Price range: US$0 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We were there with out church group and had a great time. The food was very good especially the Mushroom Soup. We also had the Bacon/Turkey wrap that also was very good.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I have long wanted to try the fondue dinner in the Matterhorn Room at the Lowell Inn. Our Wedding Anniversary seemed like the perfect occasion so I made our reservation and surprised my husband. We enjoyed every last minute! He has commented several times since how relaxing it was to enjoy each course at our own pace. The room for fondue is cozy and decorated with beautiful carved wood and comfortable pub style chairs. There were people at several tables but it was still quiet and romantic. One couple was celebrating their 33rd anniversary and they have come for the fondue every year since getting engaged here! The fondue is served in courses, cheese fondue, followed by salad, then hot oil fondue with shrimp, duck, and beef, and a final dessert course. They offer paired wine flights and beer flights. The food was good and although I had never tried duck before, I really enjoyed it and was glad I tried it this way. The included dessert course of grapes with Devonshire cream was fabulous! We opted to add on the chocolate fondue as well. It was really good but almost too much on top of everything else. Two things I want to point out most of all. First, our server was awesome! She always seemed to be there when we needed her but never intruded. She explained the flow of the dinner and really took excellent care of us. The other thing I would mention is that I have dined here in four different rooms and each has its own feel. Take some time to sit back and enjoy your surroundings. The decor is special and detailed to enhance the whole experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We celebrated my wife's birthday with a dinner at this historic inn fashioned after Mr. Vernon. The ambiance in the George Washington room was perfect. The food was excellent and very fairly priced. They furnished a free desert in honor of her birthday. Our server, Kristal, could not have been more perfect for the occasion. We knows her job well and engaged us in a delightful conversation. I just cannot say enough about what a great place the Lowell Inn is for dining and a reasonable price.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We showed up for dinner at 8 pm and had the restaurant (and the waitress) all to ourselves. In this case that was not a bad sign. I chose the stuffed pork tenderloin and it turned out to be a generous serving of deliciously stuffed pork with nice sides of red cabbage and spaetzle. Delicious and filling. My wife loved her bacon wrapped scallops. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. She suggested a pinot grigio which was wonderful and had time to chat with us about the history of the Inn. We are delighted we were not turned off by the empty dining room which became our private dining room instead.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

This was a wonderful event for mom and I. The staff was friendly and the service was great! Started with our choice of type of hot tea and warm apple scones and cinnamon butter. Then was cream of mushroom soup, then assorted canapés and then finally desserts. We both took two of the mini cakes home as we were full. What a beautiful atmosphere! Look around the hotel if you go! We will be back in February with my sister!