“Stillwater classic”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Tara's is a Stillwater classic, an old favourite and always busy. It is rather noisy, a little less so in the back room. However it has great atmosphere, and terrific food. The grilled octopus is perfectly cooked and a wonderful appetizer. I've usually have the same salad each time I go back - pear, Gorgonzola, greens, pecans. It's very good. Also, the grilled fish is superb, but if you want it fully cooked as opposed to seared, make sure you let them know when you order. Some of the dishes are very large, perhaps they could be shared: the Greek platter is a good example. The Pasta Adriatica, with shrimp, is large and delicious. I haven't had dessert there as I never have room for it. I would recommend this place. Just be sure to plan on a bit of extra time as there may be a wait for a table. I was there on a Saturday at around 8, and I waited about a half an hour. On previous occasions I've gone earlier, like 5.00, and that's usually quieter. The restaurants customers are all ages, and there are a few families with children too. It's a welcoming place and equally good as a venue for celebrating a birthday, or a romantic anniversary. Be aware though, it can be pretty noisy.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

We always enjoy the dinners it's always busy so don't go if you're in a hurry Phil &this son do A excellent job it's always great to support family business

Reviewed 15 March 2016

At Phil Tara's you can't go wrong. We eat there at least once a month. I can honestly say I have not had a bad meal there. My favorite though is the Prime Rib and Liver dinners respectfully. They have a wide selection to choose from so anyone in your dinner party should be able to find something. Prices are on the lower end of fine dining compared to what you would find downtown Mpls. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 overall is because the food is so good that there is a waiitng list to get in unless you go before 5:45 p.m. and I don't want to wait for there good food.LOL

Reviewed 1 March 2016

My husband & I were checking out the area as a place to move to from St. Louis. We decided to eat here based on good reviews. It's very busy, folks wait inside & out because it's worth the wait! We spoke to a man who was celebrating his 58th birthday & he told us that his first dining experience at Phil's was when he was 9 years old! When we were finally seated, our server, Kelley, was a delight! She was fun, sassy, very knowledgable about the menu, cooking techniques, etc. She made our dining experience superb! I hope that she is still ther next time we dine there...we will return with and without out of town guests. My steak was cooked perfectly, obviously a great quality piece of meat meat. My husband had the trout and was very pleased. This restaurant is worth the wait!

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Went for our anniversary. Scallop and baked feta cheese appetizers delicious. Duck confi salad and Mediterranian lamb chops exquisite. Wait staff attentive despite bystle and cramped quarters of rustic log cabinvsrtting. Definitely a return destination...