“Good Lunch - Big variety on menu”
Review of Whitey's

Whitey's
Ranked #32 of 100 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We stopped in Memorial Day Weekend late lunch time. We were able to get a table right away and quick service. We ordered the brie appetizer and split a bacon cheeseburger. The food was great. My husband is from England and knows and loves his cheese. He was impressed with the perfect simplicity of the brie appetizer, it was "done right" as he says. We would return :)

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We were staying up the hill in a beautiful bed and breakfast for the evening. We were advised to come and try this bar restaurant. My husband loves meatloaf and he said that was their special. So we came and tried it. The meatloaf was the worst mix of bread with a tiny bit of meat and no flavor what so ever but mashed bread. And to top it off it was burnt.
I luckily had the sauted walleye which was delicious. Fresh, flavorful and very good. We both had the mashed potatoes that again were so flavorless that we both did not eat hardly any of them. All in all A big disappointment for our romantic get away. What happened then was we let the waitress know and she said she would tell the Chef. So she comes back and I said what did the Chef say? Oh he will look at the loaf. I said did he take the price of the dinner off. NO like rudely and she said well I will have to go ask. I mean come on.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stopped in for a couple three drinks and appetizer or two a real treat the bartenders were busy but did top and say hello, super service. I do like the Baked Brie with French Bread Medallions.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

This is not a place I would expect to get a stellar salad. The vintage atmosphere does not scream, "Order a salad here!" - perhaps a burger or sandwich. However, I was craving one while out to lunch with friends. Two of us ordered the Greek salad and were highly impressed! Huge plate of crisp romaine lettuce, loads of seasoned chicken, tons of kalamata olives, red onion, feta, artichoke hearts...YUM!! I couldn't even finish the whole thing. Very reasonable price at $11-12.

I ordered a bloody mary with a side beer - was not too impressed with it but it did its job. Fun place for lunch, service overall good. Our waitress didn't seem too excited to be here but she got everything right.

I'll gladly return to have another Greek salad!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The line waiting for the doors to open at 10 on the weekends is your first clue on to except. The fresh squeezed juice makes the Greyhounds the best around!. Breakfast is always great, Nancy makes you feel like family. Great way to start your weekend morning.