GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater(Stillwater)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$77
US$83
US$81
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$64
Water Street Inn(Stillwater)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$131
US$127
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Lora(Stillwater)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$256
Royal Inn - Hudson(Hudson)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$65
Official Site
Aurora Staples Inn(Stillwater)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsagatha christiesocial houroscar wilde suitebrowning suitelewis carrollbyron suitegrand suitecarriage houseorient expressgourmet breakfastbed and breakfastbed chamberdark woodwine barthe main housecooking classb bs
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have stayed here 3 times already, it is like a spider web, one visit and your trapped and can not stop coming back! The first room we were in was the Lewis Carroll, this room is the smallest and the most charming, sized in close proximity to your average bedroom but a bit larger since it has a nice bathroom off the side seperated with a heavy tapestry curtain and a beautiful double whirlpool with a waterfall faucet. For a first visit I would always recommend this room because it is the least expensive and it is just the thing to catch you into coming back again and again. I love the deep wine colors of the room and the down comforters and heavy down pillows on a KING (not full) sized bed are like nothing you have slept on in any venue ever. (oh and by the way, the rooms are pretty close to soundproof I think as you nearly never hear anyone moving about the other rooms save a cough outside your door in the morning as someone fetches complimentary coffee or tea and there are no "cracks" as one reviewer mentioned, you cannot even see light coming in from the hall when the doors are closed). And there are not televisions or telephones in the rooms...thank God because I come to get away from those things.

I also had the pleasure of enjoying the Christina Rosetti which by photo I thought would be unappealing but booked it because I was so desperate to return. This room is so far my other half's favorite...in a gorgeous tapestry of blues, golds, browns, and taupes the antique ornate canopy bed makes you feel like you have stepped right into the period of the early centuries...but as soon as you transition into the gorgeous whirpool tub you realize you are still in the modern lap of luxury. My sleep here was amazing of course and I love that when I step into each room the soft classical music on the top of the line Bose CD player/alarm clocks are playing...it is was lulls me to sleep after the utterly relaxing evening I always seem to enjoy.

The third room which I just stayed in was the Jane Austen and I must say the room does this romantic authoress justice. There is a giant king sized bed (almost seems larger than the one in the Lewis Carroll even though they are the same size) covered with the most comfortable giant pillows I have ever laid my head upon. I swear I sank into this bed and I never wanted to leave...but you have to, so that you can pad around the corner into the private and may I say GIANT bathroom! Again there is a large whirlpool tub in this room with an underwater light and waterfall faucet and did I mention they all have hand held showers so you can still get your hair washed? Candles are not permitted at the Inn so we brought sweet battery powered tea lights to light up the bathroom area when we turned down the lights. Oh and I want to mention the lighting, in each room there is a gas fireplace so we crank up the ac (since each room has their own remote control state of the art personal climate system) and then turn on the fireplace and the lighting has somehow been done in such a way that it is always romantic in each room.

This inn has the most elegant and oppulent touches like none you will find anywhere else...antique literary works of the authors each room is named after are available in each room but an even better read? The journals filled with the memories of the guests who have stayed in the room before you...a 70 year old newly married couple who share that their passion is on fire as much as any young couple, a young woman proposed to at the very minute she ponders how she became a princess, another couple celebrating their first anniversary, their 55th anniversary, their first child, their graduation, their honeymoon! The rooms are filled with stories which go beyond the authors. If you still need more to read, there is a Stillwater guide in the rooms advising you of great hot spots in the historic and wildly popular downtown district which you are within walking distance to. Of course we like walking around the neighborhoods as well as investigating the other mansions none of which compare to the inn on the hill of Olive.

Each room is decorated with amazing unique antiques. No detail goes unspared in this inn right down to the period-authentic wall treatments and if you have the opportunity to speak with the owner when he comes for a visit he is happy to share how he acquires his pieces and tell you the stories of some of the more unique ones. Each bit is restored with love and passion...and might I mention their staff? I bring this up because this home is immpecible! There is not a bit of dust and with all the woodwork you wonder who dusts and polishes it all...and all the tiffany lamps and crystal who wipes each crystal to a sparkle? A small but amazingly committed staff with an Innkeeper who is above and beyond anyone I have met in the "Innworld" She goes out of her way to make each moment special so no one is ever the same and she is always generous. I look forward to visiting her again very soon...mostly because I look forward to my next room and my next breakfast!

The chef, named Ray, is a five star chef who prepares the most flavorful, delectable, unique dishes ever. Each time I read the menu it does not matter because I could never imagine what he is going to present before me. Today I ate the softest scrambled eggs on a bed of mushrooms in a mushroom ragu with white truffle oil!!!! He makes the worlds best muffins I am sure of it, and today the staff was kind enough to wrap some up for my children! How gracious is that??? When my 12 year old tried it she was amazed and said "No wonder you want to go there all the time?" No kids allowed under a certain age so she has not had the pleasure of visiting. My god this food is so indescribably delish...they have wine dinners there and my next goal for the Rivertown is to attend one, and to stay in the Agatha Christi :) Oh and on Sundays they serve champagne...on my second visit we ate on the veranda amongst the beautiful gardens with the antique statues and water fountains. Everyone says that you should take a bottle of wine to the Gazebo so I suppose that on my next visit I will be spending even more time in the gardens.

Lastly...and I realize this is long but can you tell we are in love with this place? We recommend it to everyone we know...but lastly, I particularly enjoy the touches, such as the gold wrapped chocolates they leave on the beds, fresh flowers in every room every day, the option to have your champagne on ice with glasses waiting with roses for your love and hand made chocolate truffles, or the complimentary social hour with wine and hors d'oeuvres and homemade chocolate chip cookies with complimentary bottled waters and soft drinks...you can even help yourself to a second bottle of champagne or wine if you need to. Anyhow, I could go on and on and to most people I do, this is by far the BEST place in the world and I will never stay anywhere else again!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2009

My stay at the Rivertown Inn was an unbelievable experience! My fiance and I stayed for his birthday and we had a fantastic time! The decor is amazing, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the breakfast was to die for! It was the perfect romantic get-away.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I stayed for business on a Wed. & Thurs. night. The Inn was very accomodating of my late arrival, early breakfast needs, and the wireless Internet allowed me to work late into the night.

The breakfast was to die for. Good coffee and blueberry & chocolate muffins were just the start.

The only downside was the tubs (no showers in the rooms).

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2008

This was my husband’s and my third time at the Rivertown Inn. We first stayed here for a brief honeymoon, then for our first anniversary, and now for our second anniversary and a “babymoon.” We do recommend taking advantage of the discounted second night stay, this way you can enjoy the inn during the daytime as well.

Each room is meticulously decorated to the era, and leaves you feeling as if you’ve taken a step back in time. We appreciate that there are no distractions of modern life such as a TV or telephone in your room. The whirlpools are very welcome to relax in after spending a night out on Main Street.

One reviewer commented she felt there wasn’t much privacy. Agreed, the Lewis Carroll bedchamber doesn’t offer much privacy within the room, but I felt each room was secluded enough from the others. Lewis Carroll is the smallest room and does not have a very private bathroom—it’s not for those who are uncomfortable in front of others. The Lewis Carroll bedchamber is fine, but I really loved both the Browning Suite and the Longfellow Bedchamber (and it’s King bed!).

I enjoyed the breakfasts both on the porch and in the dining rooms. I never once had a course that I thought was bland! The food was incredible (and very filling!). There are also many good eateries in the area. Don’t miss Nelson’s Ice Cream just up Olive St. We enjoyed the view at Dock Café, the Jerk Chicken at Smalley’s Caribbean BBQ, Gasthaus Bavarian Hunter, and Lake Elmo Inn.

I always recommend Rivertown Inn to any married couple I know who needs a getaway from the daily tolls of life.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becgood
Reviewed 7 July 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rivertown this past Friday for our anniversary. I was not pleased with the inn at all. The garden and landscaping outside the house was probably the only thing we enjoyed.

We stayed in the Lewis Carroll bed chamber. Some might call it cozy, but I thought it was just a small cramped area. There was practically no privacy because we noticed that from the outside, anyone could just look through the crack of the door and peek in. If that wasn't creepy enough, somebody actually tried to open the door and come into our room in the middle of the night. The bed was a double, and it was the tiniest bed I have ever slept on. I'm only 5'3 and my feet were hanging off of it. It made a ton of noise every time we moved around. My night at the Rivertown Inn was just the worst night's sleep I've ever had in my life. Had I not brought my laptop the only thing we would have to listen to would be the radio from their Bose alarm clock.

The breakfast was the only thing that I had left to look forward to. And it was horrible! The food was just all BLAND! Very poorly seasoned. The only thing I enjoyed about the breakfast were the muffins. Which I could make better at home myself!

Overall, I felt the place was completely overpriced. I did get a chance to look at the other suites which were priced higher then our room, and there really wasn't anything special about them either. And I would not recommend this place. It's very well designed and decorated, but that's about it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple