See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I just needed it to sleep for the night, it is fine if you are not looking for amenities, no wi-fi that I could find so shut off on phone to save battery. I enjoy motels to keep an eye on my equipment, under 50 bucks

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2014

We were just looking for an inexpensive place to lay out heads for the night. I checked out a couple different towns and read MANY reviews of different motels before deciding that Sunset Motel was the one that we would try.

I called them from the road and was pleasantly surprised at the price, and the fact that our large yellow lab was welcome as well for a very small fee. We stay at a lot of motels throughout the year and a lot of them are "the nice" places, but with every little "complimentary" service comes a higher rate per night. The Sunset was clean, the bed was small but comfortable, there was a coffee pot, small fridge and a microwave. Everything we could possibly need for the night.

The room was obviously a smoking room, but traveling with a pet we have gotten used to being put in the smoking rooms (I don't recall ever meeting a smoking dog) but whatever, I am prepared and carry Lysol spray with me. Sprayed them room down good and ran to the gas station for some snacks, upon return all was good.

We would definately stay again!

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have never had an experience like this ever in my life. My friends and I reserved rooms for a weekend at the Sunset Motel. We showed up late Friday night and this man told my friends they did not have a reservation all weekend with them, so he sent them across the street to Super 8, and my friends ended up staying at Super 8. I witnessed this conversation. By the end of the weekend the man at Sunset Motel who told them they did not have reservations charged her for a room he stated he apparently did not have reservations for. When we confronted him on this, he refused to show us the video footage from the night we tried checking in!

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Trucowgurl777
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We have recently stayed on two occasions at the Sunset Motel in Staples. Before we did, I decided to look up reviews and they were poor at best. It was decided, that with such poor reviews, that no one could possibly stay in business. So, we decided to see for ourselves.
I realize that in today’s society, our “needs “are far greater than those of years gone by. We were very pleasantly surprised. Our pet was welcome and it was the perfect place to suite our “needs”.
The owner has been upgrading since the purchase of the motel, and our room was modest, clean and cozy. What more does anyone need for a place to sleep ?
The owner is more than pleasant and the rates are also.
Both my wife and dog would want me to recommend the Sunset Motel for a stay while in Staples, or just a place to rest until the next day back on the road.
We will most certainly be staying at the Sunset again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Sunset motel is lovely with wonderful views. Beautiful breakfast before going to the Amtrak. Staff at Sunset Motel is the gem with delight manager. Many people like how clean it could be and
wish they could stay many days before going to Amtraks nearby to Sunset Motel in Staples.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple