“Well deserving of the Michelin Bib Gourmand”

Le 11 Bistrot Gourmand
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Pontchateau
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We made a lunch stop here after an overnight ferry and drive to La Rochelle after selecting it from the Michelin guide. An unassuming shop frontage in the centre of a typical rural town belies the excellent cuisine and efficient but attentive service. Our waitress spoke enough English to get by in combination with my basic French but the owner is fluent. Many locals were dining here at the time of our visit which is a sign of the extremely good value and a testament to the consistency of the food and service. A real gem and their owner and chef deserves every accolade.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this gem of a restaurant when looking for coffee and booked to come back for an evening meal. We were not disappointed the food was astonishing, service excellence and a very warm welcome. I would strongly recommend le ll to anyone who has a chance to visit.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Really enjoyed our meal. The setting is modern and welcoming and the owner does a great job as front of house. We had the set menu which has a limited choice but I could have picked any of the items and I am sure I would have enjoyed it. We had three courses and could not find fault with anything. The price is a little higher than some other restaurants (32 Euros as opposed to 26 Euros in most places) but we all agreed it was really worth it. We have been going to this area for 22 years and this is definitely our favourite place. Will be going back on our next visit.

1  Thank readheadMonmouth
Reviewed 5 June 2016

If you are on the N165 northwest of Nantes, this is a perfect place to stop for lunch as it is close to the motorway with easy parking. And it's good! Downstairs is small, though there seems to be an upstairs as well, and the tables are big enough and well-spaced. There is a long bar, and the decor is modern and clean. The lunchtime menu, at Euro 26 for three courses, offered a good choice. I started with beefsteak tartar, chunkier than usual and embellished with a quail egg, while my wife preferred mozzarella on toast with mixed salad. We both had the same main dish, tasty grilled cod with potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines and courgettes. Dessert was cream cheese with strawberries and a red berry sauce for my wife, and a rather too sweet chocolate mousse with caramel sauce for me. Service was fast and very friendly, and we were out and back on the road well within an hour. With a cider and mineral water to drink, the bill came to Euro 60. The restaurant also sold homemade chutneys, and we bought a couple to take home with us.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

This small "bistro gourmand" was recommended to us for an anniversary lunch, and we were very pleased with both the quality of the food and its presentation. The staff made us feel very welcome, including making sure that my lamb was cooked to my liking. Three courses at lunch run a bit more than 25 euros, but we both felt two courses were enough to satisfy our appetites. The house wine is reasonably priced, and was poured from a bottle, rather than arriving incognito at our table. (I would love to know how they cook asparagus spears the perfect amount!)