“Bad experience”
Review of Kozlaks' Royal Oaks Restaurant - CLOSED

Kozlaks' Royal Oaks Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tanglewood Drive
Transit: Kozlak's is on bus transit route, however I don't think anyone has ever come on a bus to eat here.
Reviewed 18 February 2015

The food is terrible since they TORE IT DOWN TO BUILD SENIOR HOUSING. Come on Trip Advisor, get you stuff up to date. It hasn't been there for at least a year.

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

Had many a fun night at this place it is now becoming a senior citizens home nothing but big holes and concrete

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went for one last Sunday Brunch before they closed. While their menu did state that some items were limited, I was sad that they did not have the omelet station on their last brunch. Some items on the buffet were not being filled, or were filled sparingly, because both times I went through the line they were empty. I didn't leave hungry, but was disappointed that at full price, the options were not there. Our server was great. I do hope they find a new location.

1  Thank Thrifty61
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've eaten at Kozlak's a number of times over the past 10-15 years, but the announcement of their upcoming closing prompted me to invite my father to join me and my wife for one final dinner.

Kozlak's is the kind of steak & seafood dining establishment where the staff are truly happy you're there. If you're fortunate enough (financially) to visit regularly, they welcome you as family and call you by name.

Although expensive (filets start at $33), Kozlak's is a great value in terms of quality of food and service. My wife was ecstatic about the salmon she had, which came with a nice cream sauce. And their steaks, potatoes and clam chowder were perfect.

We hope Kozlak's is able to find a new location to begin the next chapter of the restaurant's nearly 40 year history. If not, I'm at least thankful that I enjoyed a few great dinners over the years with my family.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We went to Kozlak's for their last Sunday brunch. Our party decreased by 3 people from our original reservation at the last minute. This seemed to irritate the hostesses who commented that they would have preferred to know in advance since they would have let someone else have the table. If we had known in advance we would have called, however, there were empty tables the whole time we were there; sometimes many empties. Not sure why our table made a huge difference. But this is not uncommon for the host staff. We have had several special occasion celebrations and dinners here and I alway leave feeling like something is lacking. We went through the brunch line and had to ask for several items to be refilled. Since the selection was fairly limited, this was frustrating. The waitress said she would bring us caramel rolls but never did. I don't know if they were short of food or what was the problem. The food was mediocre and limited. This place gets good reviews, however, our experience was not unusual for what we've had in the past. I never get a friendly feeling here. On the other hand, I'm sad to see a neighborhood non-fast food restaurant leave. They said they are looking for land to re-open but it seemed to be a half-hearted comment. The online auction sign is now up.

1  Thank europewithKellynRyan