“One last Sunday Brunch”
Review of Kozlaks' Royal Oaks Restaurant - CLOSED

Kozlaks' Royal Oaks Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tanglewood Drive
Transit: Kozlak's is on bus transit route, however I don't think anyone has ever come on a bus to eat here.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went for one last Sunday Brunch before they closed. While their menu did state that some items were limited, I was sad that they did not have the omelet station on their last brunch. Some items on the buffet were not being filled, or were filled sparingly, because both times I went through the line they were empty. I didn't leave hungry, but was disappointed that at full price, the options were not there. Our server was great. I do hope they find a new location.

1  Thank Thrifty61

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've eaten at Kozlak's a number of times over the past 10-15 years, but the announcement of their upcoming closing prompted me to invite my father to join me and my wife for one final dinner.

Kozlak's is the kind of steak & seafood dining establishment where the staff are truly happy you're there. If you're fortunate enough (financially) to visit regularly, they welcome you as family and call you by name.

Although expensive (filets start at $33), Kozlak's is a great value in terms of quality of food and service. My wife was ecstatic about the salmon she had, which came with a nice cream sauce. And their steaks, potatoes and clam chowder were perfect.

We hope Kozlak's is able to find a new location to begin the next chapter of the restaurant's nearly 40 year history. If not, I'm at least thankful that I enjoyed a few great dinners over the years with my family.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We went to Kozlak's for their last Sunday brunch. Our party decreased by 3 people from our original reservation at the last minute. This seemed to irritate the hostesses who commented that they would have preferred to know in advance since they would have let someone else have the table. If we had known in advance we would have called, however, there were empty tables the whole time we were there; sometimes many empties. Not sure why our table made a huge difference. But this is not uncommon for the host staff. We have had several special occasion celebrations and dinners here and I alway leave feeling like something is lacking. We went through the brunch line and had to ask for several items to be refilled. Since the selection was fairly limited, this was frustrating. The waitress said she would bring us caramel rolls but never did. I don't know if they were short of food or what was the problem. The food was mediocre and limited. This place gets good reviews, however, our experience was not unusual for what we've had in the past. I never get a friendly feeling here. On the other hand, I'm sad to see a neighborhood non-fast food restaurant leave. They said they are looking for land to re-open but it seemed to be a half-hearted comment. The online auction sign is now up.

1  Thank europewithKellynRyan
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I and two of our friends had a wonderful time last night/this morning at Kozlak's to welcome in 2014! The wait staff was wonderful....attentive but not hovering. The food was delicious as usual. The main entrees of prime rib, filet, and stuffed salmon were served to our liking, hot, and the presentation was impeccable. While baked potatoes at some restaurants are chewy and cold that was not the case last night. The potatoes were hot and fluffy! Dessert was buffet style with about everything one could ask for....except vanilla ice cream. The live band (Jim Tones) kept the diners entertained and with very danceable music, the dance floor was full. Just before midnight they distributed (what else) hats, noisemakers, and we ushered in the new year. A wonderful time!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We recently went to one of the many different luncheon buffets offered at Kozlaks' Thought it was a good place to meet friends from the other side of town. All enjoyed the entrees and the well supplied salad bar. Our server was very friendly and they gave us one of the best tables over looking the patio.