“Nice, clean hometown cafe with friendly staff”

Palmer House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Sauk Centre
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had lunch here and was very pleased with the café and the meal. Food was good and staff was friendly. Don't come to Sauk Centre much but would definitely eat here again given the chance.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This hotel, built at the beginning of the twentieth century, has lots of atmosphere and speaks to the days when traveling salesmen went from town to town selling their wares. There are some things about it that are old-fashioned; for example there is no elevator. They have modernized their windows and the air conditioning and wi-fi work fine. There is both a restaurant and a pub as well. The staff is very accommodating and aim to please.There is also Sinclair Lewis memorabilia in the lobby, which also has games and a player piano. And there is a mural Lewis on the back of the hotel, a great tribute to a native son.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

It was my Birthday and we decided to stop in for lunch at the Palmer House because my daughter had just gotten done with a week at Bible Camp and we picked her up in Long Prairie and Sauk Centre was a fun place and pretty close by. This is a lovely hotel with alot of history. They have a pretty decent sized dining area and bar area and they have really good food. I had a Key West Cubano sandwich with fries and a cup of coffee. My one daughter had their kids mac n cheese, my youngest is lactose intolerant and had kids chicken tenders, My Mom had their Chicken Salad sandwich special and my Aunt had a Chicken Salad with strawberries and blueberries. Everyone left over stuffed and enjoyed our time there. I have been there a couple of times to eat and every time the food has been good. I haven't stayed there yet to comment on that but I know they are a pretty busy place and is a interesting place with alot of history will have to do that maybe sometime. Service is also very good here. I would recommend this as a fun and unique place to stop in for dining if traveling thru Sauk Centre.

1  Thank jeff n sally c
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Menu was extensive. Many sandwiches and burgers. Many entree chives for a full dinner. All 4 of us were happy with our choices. Good service.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We didn't catch any ghosts simply because the bloody mary's at the pub were too tasty. Next time, the plans need a little modification to accommodate the bloody deliciousness AND OTHER spirits. We'll be back!