“Near the Excel Energy Center”
Review of Red Cow

Red Cow
Ranked #13 of 945 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying downtown for a concert and took the short drive to this restaurant. Lots of street parking and it's located next to the big beautiful Catholic Church (so sorry I cannot remember the name.) We got seated quickly and we had good service. I got a quinoa and beet salad and my husband got their popular burger. Overall we had a good date night.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

A 3-star rating doesn't mean that it was a bad experience. The food was still good, but it was just average for a burger--tons better than fast food but not fabulous as burger specialty joints go. Make sure to specify your burger temperature preference, or else they will automatically be cooked to medium.

The sweet potato fries were thin/flat-shaped and full of seasoning, so they tasted like "real" fries. If you're looking for the sweet potato taste, it's not really there due to the seasonings and shape of the fry.

The presentation was great--mammoth burgers and a cup full of fries. We were even given our own flask of water (there were only 2 of us) so that the waiter didn't have to keep showing up for refills.

The experience also depends on your preferences. If you want something that is dark and reflects an obvious bar scene (as opposed to a bar tucked in a corner), you have it here. In other words, this isn't a family kind of burger place (like a Red Robin). This should be obvious because its tagline is "burgers, beer, and wine."

The location is easy to find, right off 94, and is in a cute, old district of St. Paul. There's also free parking available since it's not right in the city.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Red Cow for a late lunch and cocktails. I can't comment on the interior space because we were seated on the patio on a warm July day, but the atmosphere and service were excellent outside. I had an excellent burger cooked medium rare as requested. My wife had shrimp tacos that she was also very happy with. Our drinks were never empty and taste great. Overall a very good meal with great service.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

From service to valve of meal everything was great. All six of us was very satisfied. We have been to other places nearby and the service here has won us ver.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Fun atmosphere and energetic vibe. We were there for lunch and appreciated the quick and efficient service. The home-cut fries were fantastic!!