“Breakfast, stick with breakfast. maybe pie.”
Review of Kay's Kitchen

Kay's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: Winner of best breakfast in central Minnesota! At Kay's Kitchen we pride ourselves on home cooked food from scratch, fast friendly service, and homemade pie! Our best breakfast is served all day, along with our lunch and dinner options! Be sure to try our lunch buffet!
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Busy lunch service on Saturday noonish. Brunch buffet looked alright. My 9 yr old got his money worthy of bacon alone. I opted of Bennie Hash browns, great hollandaise. Burgers tasty pre-fab, pre-cooked. Husband gave a thumbs down to his Beef Commercial. Slow service, may guess is under staffed. We'll try again,maybe just for the pie.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were here on a Saturday for lunch and the place was packed (a good sign, I thought). I've heard great things about Kay's and was excited to try it finally. We ordered pretty simple items, two ham, egg, and cheese croissants, one with hash-browns and one with a caramel roll, two kids mac n cheese meals, and one tuna melt. Our food took forever. we had two little boys and it was very hard to keep them entertained for about an hour while we waited, I had coffee and I was only offered a refill at the beginning of our long wait. Our food came out separately and the person with the tuna melt had to wait quite awhile after everyone else to get their sandwich. It took two reminders to get our chocolate milk for the kids meals (which just looked like kraft mac n cheese, but at least the portions were generous).We never got the caramel roll and we inquired about it three times. When we got our check I asked the waitress to remove it from the bill. She said we could take it to go and I said we'd skip it since we wanted it with the meal. The most annoying thing was that on our way out there were caramel rolls in the bakery display...Overall the food was good, but not really worth the SLOW service. Our food was pretty basic and should not have taken so long to make. Other tables came after us and left before we even got our food. I'm not sure what the problem was or if it was the server. She was very nice and pleasant, but things just did not go well. We got there at noon and left at 2:00pm!

1  Thank lisaraydan
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Delicious coffee... pancakes and French toast .. good customer service.. they keep refilling our drinks ..we’re visiting from California.. visiting family and enjoyed it.. come by check it out

1  Thank Conchita1986
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

So today I finally broke down and went and tried Val's Hamburgers--wow! The burger was terrific. I ordered the double cheeseburger because I remembered somebody said that one Patty was kind of small--good advice. I was able to choose any topping I wanted and I added bacon as well. I remember that one person asked how big the large fries were. I accidentally pressed it when I ordered it on an iPad it was not able to delete the large. I thought what the heck, and decided to just go for it. Holy crap!! They put your burger and a small fry into the bag and then dumped two or three more scoops of fries on the top. The fries are amazing but wow! You order on an iPad and can pay with a card right there and just wait for your food to be ready. I believe there were five iPads and the service was very fast. I will definitely be going back to Val's again!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Informal place with better than average food and always good service. A regular choice when we just want good, inexpensive food.

Date of visit: July 2018