US$125
  • Breakfast included
US$77
QualityInn
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$319
US$245
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$151
US$159
US$149
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungevalet staffmayo clinicfront deskroom serviceper dayhotel experienceparking passthe subway systemacross the streetwonderful hoteldefinitely stay here againconvenient locationchecking incomfortable roomeasy accesspool and hot tub
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Not impressed, especially for the expensive weekday rates. Great location for Mayo Clinic visit, but that's about it. Outdated rooms, including inconvenient bathrooms (door misses hitting toilet by centimeters). Stayed on concierge level and it's not really worth it. Rooms facing pool area quite loud. This hotel needs to hit the restart button and not just rely on it's location for getting and keeping customers.

Stayed: August 2017
Miki R, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear ALT76,

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area on your next visit to Rochester so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Miki Radovanovic
Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic
mradovanovic@kahlerhospitalitygroup.com

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we had to extended our stay for tested. We were told that they were book full and they could not give a room. They next day John was able to find us a room. We finished our visit with no more surprise. Marriott comes through again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chief1990
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I'm always grateful to have the stay at when I need to come to Mayo Clinic. The accommodations are very nice and the staff if so welcoming and helpful. It's always my home away from home when I'm in Rochester

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank wally k
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We recently spent 12 nights at the Mariott Mayo Clinic Area and were pleasantly surprised. After reading many Trip Advisor reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect -- reviews either were from people very happy with the stay or had nothing but complaints. We were there for appointments at Mayo Clinic, and while the room rate was expensive, the location couldn't be beat. Billed as the closest hotel to Mayo, and for us, in the Mayo and Gonda Buildings, this couldn't have been better. My husband used a wheelchair (and wheelchairs are everywhere in this area) because of all the walking, and the hotel elevator down to the subway couldn't have been eaiser. 5 minute walk from the elevator to the appointment floor at Mayo. Now about the hotel : the Front Desk staff, and their manager, Tim Brown, couldn't have been more friendly or responsive. We were greeted everytime we entered or left the hotel. We were asked how our stay was going and if everything was ok. Mr. Brown solved a reservations problem for us when we had to extend our stay. It was most appreciated! The bellmen/valet staff were most accomodating too (we also valet parked). While several of them helped us, Sean was especially accomodating. He gave some good tips on where to eat (in cluding Newt's for burgers). The rooms were refurbed in 2016 and it shows. Our room was on the Concierge level and very pleasant. The most important thing -- it was very clean! Our housekeeper was Ashley, and she was very congenial and helpful. She too offered tips on eating options. We did have a medical incident one day and needed to call 911 for emergency assistance. Ashley happened to be in the next room, and came and comforted my husband while I was on the phone with 911. Hotel Management came up to the room with the EMTs, and called down to the valet to have my car ready for me to drive to the hospital. It all happened so fast and several hotel staff were just there to help. It was awesome! As far as complaints -- I agree with most reviews, the bathroom is very small. But there's lots of hot water and great water pressure! The AC worked really well too. Room Service (Daniel took our order several times) was used a few nights, and the food was good, as ordered, and delivered in 20 minutes. Prices were typical room service prices - not cheap. Nothing normal in our stay: we had trouble connecting our Apple TV and we spoke to the Marriott Tech Support Desk on 4 different nights -- but they made it happen. We even had Maintenance up and the gentlemen replaced our room safe! Again, being in a new place for medical appointments and tests, and finding such a comforting environment was a pleasant surprise. We also learned the immedaite area around Mayo basically closes down on Saturday and Sunday. It's a good opportunity to head to Mall of America! It's necessary for us to return to Mayo, and we'll be happily returning to the Marriott Mayo Clinic Area!

Room Tip: Concierge Lounge is on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CHIman
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Like many others, I'm unfortunately becoming familiar with the lodging and dining options in Rochester due to a couple of Mayo visits. I don't know, the Marriott didn't do it for me, and I usually am pleased with the hotel chain itself. The bed wasn't very comfortable for me. I don't know if it's supposed to be one of those heavenly soft type of mattresses or what, but it's more like grandma's old worn out feather bed. It folds up around you like an accordion. You try to move in the thing and you have to brace your body to keep from sinking in and being tossed around. Like sleeping on a trampoline.

The room itself was okay, but can't think of much to say about it. Standard. Big flat screen, $3 bottles of water, and microfridge which may not have worked, or may not have been plugged in. Bathroom still has the old cast iron tub from the Zumbro, which isn't necessarily a criticism. The room only served to accent my already present unhappiness. The only dining option, as far as I could tell, was this Salute! bar that is touted on signs everywhere around the place. Nobody in there but what looked like a few locals at the bar shooting the breeze. Never did really figure out if you could eat in there, or if it was just for drinks. Whatever the case, they weren't very busy, and it just didn't seem too appealing.

The staff and crew of the hotel were very accommodating and friendly. Always had smiles and greetings, and were ready to help. Pulled in prepared to go for the valet service, but it never came up. They gave us a special rate on a parking pass if we would identify as Jehovah's Witnesses, which we agreed to do. Thought it was a code word at the time, but turns out it was real, and saved a bundle on ramp parking.

Not a bad place all in all, and maybe at another time I would have been happier with it. But it looks like I'll try a few more places to stay. Who knows, it may turn out to be the best option around, but I doubt it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Miki R, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Nonwork,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. We delight in the positive comments of your stay with us, but cringe at the opportunities!!!

Miki Radovanovic