US$125
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$183
US$172
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$127
QualityInn
Econo Lodge - Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$177
US$137
Fairfield Inn
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$155
US$151
All reviewsthe concierge loungevalet staffmayo clinicfront deskupon departurehotel is centrally locatedroom serviceper dayhotel experienceparking passthe subway systemwonderful hotelacross the streetdefinitely stay here againchecking incomfortable roomcivic center
Reviewed 16 April 2017

If you can overlook the dingy, dark and outdated rooms desperately in need of repairs and an overhaul, then this is the best place to stay when visiting Mayo Clinic. This was my fifth or sixth visit, and I would return, but with reservations and brighter light bulbs of my own.

Staff: The front desk and the rest of the staff are warm, well-trained and hospitable, as well as especially empathetic of patients visiting Mayo for medical reasons. Our housekeep was fabulous, leaving us extra bottled water and toiletries on a daily basis with very sweet notes to check in each day.

Location: The hotel's location, easy access to the subway and nearby shops, makes this location one of the best around. It's really in a prime location. During the winter when we visited, we did not have to go outside once for five full days.

Rooms: I would rate the guest rooms a 2/5 at best.. Although they appear clean, the beds were very lumpy and the towels were very rough and small. They rooms are TIRED and especially DARK!!!. Paint was chipping off furniture, vanity and bathroom mirrors, etc. There was no sense of lace at all.

Fitness: Decent enough equipment but the TVs did not function on the individual machines. Outlet covers were missing and hanging off electric box outlets throughout the fitness room, making it a major safety hazard for adults and children alike. The room was hot enough to give you a work out without moving much at all. Towels and bottled water were plentiful and appreciated. The pool looked inviting but was too cold to take a dip. Not once during our stay was it in use. Also, note that the fitness room is only accessed by stairs making it especially difficult for me with my cane and bum leg.

Executive Level: This was the best part. The food was half decent and the staff was superb. Plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, and lots of beverages, yogurt, etc. It was actually a decent place to unwind and have a change of scenery.

I would recommend this hotel for its staff, location, executive lounge and some of the amenities, but there is significant room for much improvement especially for the price we were charged. It wouldn't take much to make furniture repairs or replacements, increase the wattage on the light bulbs, and improve the linens and towels.

Room Tip: Great for Mayo Clinic patients
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
ErickaScrabeck, General Manager at Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Melvillemom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. We delight in the positive comments of your stay with us, but cringe at the opportunities!!!

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic Area on your next visit to Rochester so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Miki Radovanovic
Rochester Marriott Mayo Clinic
mradovanovic@kahlerhospitalitygroup.com

Reviewed 3 April 2017

From my first call to the Rochester Marriot Mayo Clinic Area, I was connected directly to the General Manager, Miki, who was genuinely interested in ensuring that everything would be perfect for my stay, and it was! After checking-in at the front desk where I was welcomed at 4:00am as if it was mid day (the front office here is impeccably responsive), they immediately came and parked my rental car and then I walked into an amazingly comfortable room (on the 8th floor - favorite floor as the club lounge is on 8), meticulously clean, the temperature was just right, and a handwritten note from Ashley the housekeeper, telling me to let her know if there was anything else that I needed during my stay. Not to mention the extra towels piled high in the bathroom and the most luxurious, fluffy, soft, down pillows flanking my bed. By the end of my stay, I only wanted Ashley cleaning my room because I would always find extra waters and surprises in my room after some very long days.

I then connected to the high speed internet service which was lightning fast (take it from someone who lives in the tech capital of the world), and had lovely variety of movie options on the pay per view tv. And with a movie always comes a snack or two. The room service - delicious and possibly the most responsive ever. I must comment on Isreal's consistent supervision of my room service orders throughout my 12 day stay, making sure that everything was cooked perfectly, down to making a fresh batch of soup just for me as he knew how much I liked the consomee there.

And then there is the club lounge which was a nice retreat from my daily appointments, each morning when they present an outstanding breakfast buffet, followed by hors d'oeuvres and drinks each evening. The menu also changes daily so always lots of variety and well worth the extra charge for club lounge access. The best part about the club lounge? 1. Alejandro - this man could serve the royal family of every country in the world! His service is nothing short of amazing. I looked up for a split second for an extra napkin and within seconds, it was on my table. My San Pellegrino water was almost empty - not anymore! I had a new one brought to me immediately. Again and again, I leave the lounge amazed, comparing Alejandro's service only to the service at The St. Regis in New York City. And, quite frankly, thinking to myself that he could easily work there.

So, in closing, can I recommend this hotel? Um... YES! Absolutely. For whatever it's worth, I am both a Platinum Starwood and Platinum Marriot guest which means I stay at a lot of hotels each year. And I can honestly say that if I had the service I received at the Rochester Marriot Mayo Clinic Area each time I stayed at a hotel, I think that I would move out of my apartment and just stay at hotels! I thank Miki the GM, and Kate, the Assistant GM, for everything that you do day in and day out to make this hotel what it is. I also thank you for taking such good care of your staff, because they in turn take such good care of your guests. Guest service comes from the top down, and I can with no reservation say that this hotel is the most meticulously and well run hotel that I have stayed in. It may not be a 5 star city hotel (there are none in Rochester), but the service is undeniably 5 star service.

I hope I have an opportunity to experience such a high level of service again somewhere in the world during my travels and once again, THANK YOU! Truly an extraordinary hotel with extraordinary people making it an extraordinary guest experience!!!

Room Tip: 8th floor club lounge level has the nicest rooms. Interior rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2017

On a hospital/medical trek, but was amazed by the local economy generated by the Mayo. Marriott is a HUGE facility within walking distance of, well, just about everything. Rooms are spacious and amenities are plentiful, except parking. Tim at the front desk is a rock star, and made sure we had a quiet place EVEN while a sports party was shaking the place.

Room Tip: Lower floors seemed to be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We had not planned on staying two weeks but the Mayo kept opening up doors for us to proceed to include surgery. the staff at the hotel was wonderful, friendly and professional. Kudos to Tim who was extremely helpful. Also, the front door valets were all great and very helpful. The room was very comfortable and had all that we needed. Plus a very clean hotel. The restaurant surprised us with their food and service. Both were very good. I do recommend this hotel and we will stay here again. The other plus is everything is connected by the sub level floor and the skyway so weather is not a problem.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2017

My mother and I recently went to the Mayo Clinic for some doctor's appointments when I had to be hospitalized unexpectedly. We had planned a 4 night stay and ended staying over two and half weeks. My mother stayed at the hotel during the 2.5 week period of time. The hotel staff was so great to her. They knew her by name and attending to her so well during her stay. Heather and Mandy at the front desk did what they could to make her stay as comfortable as possible and went out of their way to make her feel welcome. Alejandro and Pam in the concierge lounge also were amazing. They went above and beyond and really made this difficult time for my mother so much easier, just from the simple things of making small talk, asking how I was doing int he hospital and always making her feel at home.

The elevators need to be fixed as they don't always take to you to where you want to go, and the heat/AC has to be fixed so that you can stay in all rooms and still have quality temperature control, but overall great stay.

Thank you Marriott for making a difficult few weeks easier on me and my mom.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the city do not currently have A/C that works, so try and stay in the pool side rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family