“Lunch after a funeral...”
Review of Pho Tai

Pho Tai
Ranked #115 of 308 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My first time not tipping. Horrible experience. Our waitress was rude. My family was served bloody chicken wings, I didn't get my order at all. Even after mentioning about a missing order The waitress was again rude and never brought it to me. The waitress ruined it all. Looks like she hates her job. will never be back ever!!!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Good flavor beef and Brisket Pho. Generous serving with fresh accompaniments. Service not the best and entry needed a cleaning but food was good.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Was in town for a few days and stopped by here to grab some food. It was busy but the waitress got to us quickly. The food came out super fast!!! Egg rolls were delicious! Vietnamese style coffee was great! Pad Thai wasn't the greatest but wasn't bad.. pho was actually really good! It was only my second time having pho and the first time it wasn't good at all so I was a little worried about it but I was actually really surprised by how good it was. Everything tasted really fresh and delicious. Would go back... but wouldn't order the pad Thai again. :)

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This eatery in the suburbs of Rochester seems to have a loyal following. For dinner I had a routine pho tai (noodle soup with slices of beef), coming with bits of mint, green peppers, bean sprouts (we asked for them to be cooked), and wedges of lime. You usually add some chili pepper sauce to taste. It was very tasty. My wife had beef meatballs and noodles, similar. For an appetizer we had chicken wings, which were crunchy but not too dry -- well done. I also had a soy milk drink (dou jiang in Chinese, sua dau lang in Vietnamese?); not liked by everyone, but try it. You might also like the Vietnamese iced coffee, different and zesty.
The place seems to need some more servers; we hope good workers turn up!
Bon appetit!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Stayed at Annie's Hospitality House and ran into other residents of the 4-plex frequently. Ate there many times in our 6 weeks in Rochester.