“Pho Thai compares favorably to other purveyors of Pho around the lower forty”
Review of Pho Tai

Pho Tai
Ranked #115 of 306 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This eatery in the suburbs of Rochester seems to have a loyal following. For dinner I had a routine pho tai (noodle soup with slices of beef), coming with bits of mint, green peppers, bean sprouts (we asked for them to be cooked), and wedges of lime. You usually add some chili pepper sauce to taste. It was very tasty. My wife had beef meatballs and noodles, similar. For an appetizer we had chicken wings, which were crunchy but not too dry -- well done. I also had a soy milk drink (dou jiang in Chinese, sua dau lang in Vietnamese?); not liked by everyone, but try it. You might also like the Vietnamese iced coffee, different and zesty.
The place seems to need some more servers; we hope good workers turn up!
Bon appetit!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Stayed at Annie's Hospitality House and ran into other residents of the 4-plex frequently. Ate there many times in our 6 weeks in Rochester.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I literally ate here 4 days last week! I'm truly obsessed! In my opinion it's the best Pho in town! The broth is to die for. Has so much flavor and the meat melts in your mouth. Pair that with the coconut water and add some of the chili oil with all the fixings and your hooked!

Only negative thing I can say is the waitress isn't very friendly. She never came back after she dropped our soup off. She spilt on my friend and started to swear and stomped off as we ended up having to clean up the mess ourselves.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Pho was delicious. The poor waitress was so swamped, it took a while before she took our order but the food was delivered very quickly.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I was comforted by the hot pho soup on a chilly winter evening. My friends tried the fried rice and noodle dishes and were not disappointed.