All reviews indoor parking full kitchen one bedroom suite front desk mayo clinic underground walkway gas fireplace living area health issues two blocks methodist hospital wheel chair the breakfast area bad weather will stay there again rooms are spacious waffles
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed here with my family during a recent visit to the Mayo clinic. It is convenient to the clinic. It is nice to be able to walk through the tunnels and not have to go outside. It is however, one of the furthest hotels on the tunnels. If mobility is an issue then you should probably stay in the Kahler Inn and Suites. This however, is the only hotel I found that had separate rooms within the "suite." I worked great that my family was "together" but didn't have to sit in the same tiny room together for 4 days.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 2301_mlb
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed here while visiting the Mayo Clinic in February 2012. The staff was great, very friendly and most accommodating. Any request we had (extra washcloths, keys) were immediately met.

The location is convient to the Mayo Clinic, as it is connected through the "Subway", a series of underground walkways that run throughout the city of Rochester.

We had a one-bedroom suite, and it was nothing fancy but clean and more than adequate.

Two complaints: 1. The window in our bedroom was very poorly insulated and made the room cold and, 2. Maid service didn't clean up our kitchen (to be exact, wash dishes or load them in dishwasher) on any of the 7 nights we stayed, although that was promised on the website. Since we were on the run visiting Mayo, that would have been a nice touch. Not a deal breaker, though.

Free breakfast every morning was really good, with plenty of variety.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JDV1927
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed 4 nights for a conference in early Nov 2011. 4th floor. Room was a suite, kitchenette. Clean room. Quiet. Really couldn't tell if other people were around my room or not, but told that the hotel on most nights was full.

Smaller work out room with 1 Elliptical machine, 3 treadmills and a very small bench with a center of room large TV with probably 60 channels, but the 3 times I worked out I was the only one there.

Has indoor garage parking which was extra $14 per day that I did opt for.

Free wireless internet.

Does connect underground to the Mayo clinic which is probably 2 small blocks away. The Mayo Civic Center was about 8 blocks away (15 minute walk outside, 25 minutes via the skyway and walk-subway system)

There is almost no nearby restaurants and no close by grocery stores. There is a Starbucks and a Caribou coffee and a Jimmy John's sub shop 2 blocks away, and past this some restaurants that I couldn't find much information about and did not go to.

They had a small standard breakfast availabile in the am that I did use.

Thought that price was expensive for the room, but understandable considering that I booked this with 1 week notice.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank drbryguy
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Worth the money. No need for a car. Shuttle services available to get around. Walmart bus to get needed supplies. All shuttles free. Full kitchen, good breakfast. Safe, convenient, made the trip comfortable for my traveling companion. Did have to get a taxi the morning of my procedure at ST Mary's (under 10 dollars) as the shuttle service doesn't start until 6:30 A.M.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have stayed at the Residence Inn twice during trips to the Mayo Clinic.
The Residence Inn is a short two block walk to the Gonda Building at Mayo, and does offer a shuttle.
This time I had a room through Marriott Rewards points, so it was a queen studio, which was two nearly separate rooms which shared a TV, but no door to the bedroom.
The bedding was very fresh and clean, with comfortable pillows. The sofa looked like it was ready for replacement upholstery soon, but all was clean.
This hotel has the best garage in Rochester! It is right off the front desk area. well lit, clean, and secure looking.
Breakfast was fine, the usual RI fare.
All in all, with the extremely clean and comfortable bedding, and comfortable surroundings, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
RSTRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Good Morning,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that you will consider us for your lodging needs when your future travels bring you to the Mayo Clinic. Your helpful input helps us to maintain our guest satisfaction focus and brings us the satisfaction of knowing that our hearts are in the right place. We are at your service.