All reviews mary's hospital underground parking pancake machine shared parking lot stayed at the holiday inn mayo clinic within walking distance quiet at night a great stay free breakfast biscuits and gravy other hotels in the area one night stay comfortable bed free shuttle fitness room up to date
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here because of the closeness to mayo's clinic. They have a shuttle to take you to the Gonda building, and it is only a couple of blocks away and could be walked to. I am a PD dialysis patient and have a lot of medical supplies. I had my medical provider to deliver a huge amount of boxes of solution. Not only did they allow me to have it delivered to their hotel, they delivered it to my room. Then they go above and beyond that. They are going to keep my remaining supplies in storage until our visit back here in a month. That is about 10 boxes of 12L a piece for me. Another reason why I shall continue to stay here.

Friendly staff and informative

Friendly shuttle bus crew that runs every about every 30 mins.

Good FREE BREAKFAST and FREE PARKING!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

A1 place to stay the front desk is helpless I spent hours checking in and out. Yes 20 minuts hear and 20 minuts another time or two. Piece of crap Junker parked under the canopy for days. belongs to desk clerk. If you have not had a tough enough day take the parking permit to your car so it don't get towed. Yesterday I came in for my stay asked for a room and with great joy they said they were sold out. I stepped back to make a new plan. I say I have a reservation. O here it is right on the desk!

Room Tip: prefer clinic side
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat M
GM R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory, I do apologize for that. Not to make excuses for my Front Desk but I know they had a lot of issues with reservations and or computer system this past week, which of course should not be your concern, but it was a bit of a inconvenience for my employees and I'm sorry that it was for you as well. I will be addressing these issues with my staff in hopes that we can keep these things from happening going further. We do appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Returning from a great road trip and staying a two other Holiday Inn Express's we decided to book a room here to break up our drive, what a mistake. The hotel is way off the interstate not a big deal but not easy off and on. We checked in, the lobby floor and elevator floor was covered with water from people going from the pool very slippery the place had a damp musty smell in the hallways and room we put a dryer sheet on the ac vent to help with the smell. I think cost cutting on the ac may be a big part problem
We would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
JacqueHIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

We are very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than enjoyable. Although we do try to keep the floors dry and/or have wet signs up, sometimes on busy pool days it is hard to keep up so we apologize about that. I'm sorry for the damp musty smell as well, I will definitely be looking into that. We don't have much concern for AC costs as we want our guests and employees to be comfortable so I will be speaking with my Maintenance engineer and housekeeping to try and figure that out. We do appreciate you driving out of your way to stay with us we usually have very good reviews, I'm sorry if this was not one of those times. We hope this does not deter you from staying with Holiday Inn Express again.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

First, the staff was pleasant and welcoming. The room was quite clean and decently appointed. Always opportunities to upgrade towels and handheld shower, not in a ADA room. Biggest complaint was the lack of sound insulation from the floor above. There was some nervous nelly in that room that paced all night long. Finally passed out about 2:00 a.m. so that I could get up at 5:00 a.m. for my appointment the next morning.

P.S. Breakfast was OK, too.

Room Tip: Top floor, no neighbors above you.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank kevin2oh

We are sorry that you were unable to get a good night sleep, that is frustrating and I do apologize. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope that this visit doesn't deter you from staying again. Thank you for sharing this information so we can address it.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

WiFi is too slow to run effectively programs I need to use for work.

One action I need to accomplish every day takes 10 seconds at home, took 4 minutes here!

It's 2018 and your WiFi speeds are like dial up !!!

Can't stay here again as I work online 3-5 hours a day!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GM R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

We are very sorry for the inconvenience of our WiFi. We are definitely looking into that to see what we can do. We appreciate you letting us know that this is an issue and we do hope you will check back with us to see if we may get something done to fix this issue. Thank you for staying with us!