All reviews st mary's hospital directly across the street cookies canadian honker i highly suggest front desk free shuttle runs free parking some great restaurants rooms are modern mayo clinic breakfast room hospital stay perfect location on site parking recliner chair recently stayed here
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I went to support a friend who was getting surgery across the street at St. Mary’s. The location is perfect, so convenient. All staff was excellent. Everyone in that town is amazingly caring and so damn nice!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for this great review! We really appreciate it when our guests take the time to share their experience with other travelers. I am glad our location worked out well for you and that you felt our staff was excellent! Thank you for staying with us - we appreciate your business! Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for almost a month with my daughter in the hospital. First the Pros...It was comfortable. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Good air conditioning/heating system. Pretty good continental breakfast. I really enjoyed Shiela at the front desk. She was excellent. Rooms are modern and clean and smell good. Small fridge and microwave. The motel is directly across a small street from the hospital. You just walk a few steps and are there. Parking is easy and free at the motel. They are very accommodating and let you park there after check out if you still have DR appointments. They have a nice coffee bar in the lobby and and hot, fresh baked cookies. Cons....ceiling leaked 4 nights in a row when it rained. I mopped it up. They took $50 off my bill. The 2 women who do the breakfast are unfriendly and make you feel like you are a burden. The elevator is super slow and sometimes takes forever. Over all I would say a good experience and I would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we hope to earn 5 stars next time! I am glad that you found so many positives about the hotel. Sheila is great for sure. I am glad that you felt is was easy to park and that you enjoyed our gourmet coffee bar and cookies! We are definitely in the middle of addressing the leaks we have when it rains, I am sorry that you had to deal with this. I am saddened that our breakfast attendants were not friendly and welcoming. I thank you for bringing that to my attention - it helps us to improve where improvement is needed. Thank you again for your comments and thank you for your business, we apprecaite it very much! Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The price was fair, staff was accommodating, and rooms were good for a place to sleep and rest. If I come back to the city, I would stay here. The two queen bed in my room were nice and clean. I had to extend my stay and it was no issue.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your generous review and for mentioning so many positives about the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other guests. I am glad that our location worked well for you and that you found your room to be clean and well attended. Thank you for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

...over the last three years for our teenage daughter’s medical appointments, from coast to coast and back to the middle. Aspen Select has made me feel the most at home (and my daughter loved it too) out of all of them. The desk attendants are always so nice, and I’ve met many of them during our stays. They make cookies in the late afternoon, and after spending the early part of the day in the clinic, my daughter gets so excited about this treat. They have a nice breakfast up on the second floor, and I loved reading about the history of the hotel while I’m eating. I’ve also visited the fitness room and enjoy this as well! It is an incredible value for the money, and when you spend over $20K per year in out of pocket medical costs as our family does, this is a great way to cut costs. But, it doesn’t feel like it’s “cheap”, it’s just a really good value. We will always stay here for our Mayo visits!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for mentioning so many positives about the hotel! I am so glad you found us to be affordable and that the amenities that we provide are just what you need. We really appreciate your business and wish you and your family well. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Location is good, clean.
Most rooms are without windows ... unbearable.
That was not clear or mentioned at all when I booked.
However staff at front desk were amazing really they worked Majic and moved us to one of real rooms with a window.
To sum it up... hotel itself is very humble, very basic breakfast and no room cleaning daily.
The positive is people working there are very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments - it helps us to improve. I understand your comment about the floor to ceiling windows that face the hallway that ultimately looks out at the city. They do not open to the outside, and this is not acceptable for some. Thank you for mentioning that our staff was eager to help you figure out a room you were more comfortable in. We do provide room cleaning daily, we do a light touch (take the trash, replace dirty towels, make up the beds) daily and we do full cleans switching out the sheets and scrubbing down the room every 5 days. If you need it before it is scheduled - there is no charge for doing the full clean early. I hope this clears up some things for you. Thank you for staying with us - we do appreciate your business and wish you well.