See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

The floor in the bathroom was full with hairs. Also the wall of the shower. In the bathroom were used towels and the „fresh“ towels didn‘t seen like fresh and clean. The flush of the toilette didn‘t work. That‘s all very disgusting, isn‘t?? It was very loud in the rooms so you couldn’t sllep!
Never again this hotel!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Minneapolis Airport-Mall Of America, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your post. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of our housekeeping cleaning of the guestroom. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

During the Super Bowl, I was a first time visitor to your city and hotel and was disappointed with my most recent stay in your Motel 6 location Minneapolis Airport Mall of America. The front desk customer service level was incredibly poor and really needs sharpening (especially Tracie). During our three day stay, our rooms were never cleaned and we had to put our trash out and request towels each day. The hot water level in the basin was low and never increased. The shower drain was clogged and water standing in the tub. Lastly, I have a challenge walking (due to previous broken bones in my ankle and leg) and found out upon arrival there was no elevator in this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Phil W
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis Airport-Mall Of America, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Phil, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

It's Super Bowl weekend so choices very limited for a last minute place to stay... I guess I should take what I can get. Room looks redone. Floors look new. Fresh paint. NO decor in the room or on the walls. No carpets. Can hear walking around on top of us. Can hear movement from room next to us. Rooms are not easily accessible from the parking lot. Dog friendly & no fee so that's a plus for me!!! Front desk staff was pleasant. No coffee maker in the room. Bathroom looks remodeled & clean (another plus). Heat works (it's very cold outside). Yes, It is a motel 6... but for $180 a night (yes ... I know it's Super Bowl weekend) I was hoping for a little more warmth?

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis Airport-Mall Of America, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Lucy, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

You have to know, both my wife and are Motel '6' fans, and have been for many decades dating back to the mid 1960s.

I flew into Minneapolis from Hong Kong via a layover in Seattle. My wife flew in from Anchorage, Alaska via a layover in Seattle.

THE POINT IS THIS : We both were dead-tired. Exhausted.

We checked in at the front desk about 7pm. This is 4-hours after the normal early check-in time for Motel '6' of 3pm. We paid our bill. When we got to our room the bedding was rolled up into a ball in the middle of one bed. The room was dirty and un-made.

Back to the front desk we had to retreat. Yes we then got a clean, made-up room. But what a hassle.

This, like many Motel '6' properties, is a Senior Citizen. This is not the fault of the staff but calling it like I see it, more could be done with the property.

I would NOT stay at this property again. You must walk down stairs (my wife and I are both handicapped) and can not enter a room directly from a parking lot.

And, at 70++ dollars, the price was NOT a steal and we booked on Priceline.

So while it was acceptable, in comparison with other properties, it rates as Average.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kanbaatar
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Ample Parking Very Close to Airport & Mall of America .
No WiFi you have to pay for each device
Bathrooms are big
Room was not up to scratch dirty in places a beetle was on my bed pillows were ok
No coffee making facility's in room
No Breakfast
Staff not the professionalism that I am use to in America
Budget motel
I would mug stay here AGAIN

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Minneapolis Airport-Mall Of America, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.