“Gross, not impressed. Don't waste your money!”

Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
“Gross, not impressed. Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had a pool side room which our 7 & 6 year old boys were very excited for. Our room was very dark. We went out to our patio and there was garbage all over our small deck. My boys enjoyed the pool, but I was not impressed. The pool was cold I never got all the way in. I went to get into the empty hot tub and there was yellow film floating on top.
Later that night as we were tucking our boys into bed I saw blood on the wall. There were also crumbled up chip bags between the bed and night stand.
The second night my husband and I were laying on our bed and our boys in the other. My husband started getting very itchy. He had bite marks all over his arms and hands, chest, and a few on his feet. We took all sheets off. There was green gum smeared into the mattress all over. We did not find bed bugs but looking online, the bite marks look the same.
We thought the hotel was very unclean. We asked housekeeping for more towels but they did not speak english. It was a maze to find anything in the hotel. The main lobby is on the second floor. They were doing construction for the 3 days we were there in the same spot laying floor tiles. There were always construction workers there, but not a single thing was done in our 3 day stay.
*** It was gross and dirty. We believe there was bed bugs. Don't waste your time or money in the disgusting hotel! ***

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank lindenberg2404
jnygaard, General Manager at Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Kelly Inn in Plymouth, MN. On behalf of our entire staff, I appologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our lobby renovation project has just been completed and we are sorry for the inconvenience this work caused during your stay. We have also had our local pest control service out to inspect the room and they found no sign of bed bugs. We continue to strive to provide superior customer care to our guests and consistently meet Best Western International quality assurance standards in regards to hotel cleanliness.

John Nygaard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mulvane, Kansas
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We recently stayed at this property for 4 nights over the Christmas holiday. We travel with 5 so usually have to get 2 rooms or a room with a rollaway. As we checked in we were pleasantly surprised with a upgrade to a awesome 2 room suite! The room was clean, beds were comfortable and we had a mini fridge which is always nice when traveling with kids. My husband and kids had breakfast every morning and said that it was good. The pool area where we spent most of our morning and evenings was outstanding!!! Had a smaller pool for the younger kids and the big pool had two big slides. My only complaint at all would be the Elliptical machine in their workout room. Was a little worn out and loud. However I did mention it to the manager before we checked out and they assured us the issue would be looked at. Overall a great stay at a great price and will be visiting again in the near future!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mckeekids3
Winnipeg
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here five nights in one of the pool side rooms. The room was clean and had a mini fridge and microwave, which was nice. The breakfast during the week was really nice. They had all the regular continental items along with hot items. One day was bacon/sausage and egg sandwiches, other days were bacon and some sort of eggs or sausage and some sort of eggs. On the weekend, it was OK. The meat and eggs were replaced with biscuits and gravy. The breakfast room was a decent size but still managed to fill on weekends. They did have a staff member in the breakfast area who did an amazing job keeping everything stocked and the area clean. I have to say, all the staff we saw at this hotel were amazing.

The shallow pool was very nice but the deeper one had cloudy water. It wasn't enough to keep us out of the water. The kids had a blast.

The only other complaint is that the mattresses in our room seemed either old or just cheap. Beds weren't particularly comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank watersport84
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I just returned from a four night stay. The reviews were mixed but I decided to stay anyway. I was visiting my grandchildren who lived 1 mile away from the hotel which was very convenient and helped in my decision to lodge here. I am a travel agent and did not pay any reduced rate, I payed what everyone else paid. $74.00 for two weekend nights and $84.00 for two weekday nights. This is an average hotel that meets your needs. Rooms were not small as some said. Once you have stayed in european hotels, any american hotel is not small. I had two double beds, microwave and small fridge. Bathroom was adequate, not large. Had a hairdryer and the shower was great. The hotel is an older hotel but the rooms were clean and they did offer breakfast which was complimentary. The breakfast consisted of a waffle maker, juices, bagels, donuts, cereals, yogurts, fresh apples and oranges, coffee and tea. On Sat. and Sunday they served eggs and sausage and biscuits and gravy. If you wanted more than that, there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. The hallway could have been better lit but it was not dark. There was one elevator which could have been remodeled.The pool was great for my grandchildren, ages 3, 6 and 8. You can see the photos of the pool on the hotel website. They had a great time and loved the hot tub. There were plenty of towels at the pool and there was a shower and restroom right in the same area of the pool. The hotel sits right off of 494 on route 55. You can see the hotel and it is a bit tricky to get there but my gps took us right there. There is a Red Roof Inn right across the parking lot which is cheaper but there is no pool.They were removing the older type televisions and putting in flat screen t.v.'s the day we were leaving. There were plenty of cable channels but no movies. I come to Minnesota 3 - 5 times a year. Would I stay here again? Yes and I am a fussy person when it comes to cleanliness and condition of a hotel.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Valerie1948
St. Paul
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed in a few hotels in this area in August. This was not the worst, but not the best either. The rooms were pretty good and the staff was better than most, but overall my stay was pretty average. I didn't encounter any issues which was a plus after my stay at a different hotel down the road a mile or two. I was somewhat annoyed by all of the noise in the pool area...it was a weekday but still full of kids at 9pm. Also, this hotel is tricky to get to at night...you can see it from the major roads, but need to take roundabout side roads to actually get to it. Not their fault, but a bit annoying.

Room Tip: Ask for non-poolside if noise bothers you!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
3.1 km away
0.5 km away
Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
5.2 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis-Minnetonka

Been to Ramada Plymouth Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!