All reviews full kitchen living room front desk long stay saltwater pool coffee maker come back later the entire property adirondack chairs free breakfast hot breakfast standard room excellent stay breakfast items quiet room staff was friendly fitness room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband is a Platinum Elite Marriott Member, and stays at Marriott properties all over the world. When we decided to go to Minneapolis (Maple Grove) to visit family for Easter, we needed to find a Marriott property that was "Pet-Friendly" with a room that could accommodate 2 adults and 2 teenagers. This property fit the bill...we booked a one bedroom fireplace suite and a studio suite. When I called the hotel the morning of our arrival to confirm that the two rooms were connecting, I was greeted by Debbie, who was very friendly and professional. She was already on top of it and had our rooms set up accordingly. The rooms were impeccably clean and very spacious.
The day before Easter, we decided we wanted to cook Easter dinner at the hotel for our family (18 people) and dine in the private meeting room. Debbie was amazing in helping us get this dinner set up...tables, dinnerware, serving pieces, etc...and the staff did all of the clean up. It was FANTASTIC!!!
Debbie and the staff at the Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth are TOP NOTCH!! We will make this property our home during our future visits to the area!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kristyswc
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Last time I stayed here I was very satisfied, so when work brought me back to Plymouth, I didn't even have to think about where to stay. If anything, this trip was even better than last. Quiet room, great staff, convenient location. You won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Two adults and one child in the 3 room suite for 9 nights during a holiday was marred by by maintenance and housekeeping. Dust and crumbs were layered atop the refrigerator and under the microwave. Linen change was twice; the second time 3 days late and just 2 nights before our departure. Burnt out light bulbs were replaced only after our request late in the stay. During the holiday our housekeeping was suspended without notice for 2 days leaving guests to have to go to the desk to obtain clean towels, soaps and dishwasher detergent. The ice maker in the freezer never did work. Internet connection to Netflix. Hulu and others did not work in the living room but did in the bedrooms. Flush valve on one toilet was about to fall off. We could hear water running when draining from room above us and footsteps when one was walking in the room above. Not worth the price. Desk claimed much was due to corporate policy. The housekeeper on our floor claimed to have 30 rooms to clean.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Amber R, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I do recall our conversation before your departure. I explained that when you stay for a week or longer you do not get your linen changed daily unless requested; otherwise we preform two deep cleans a week. We do however go in the room each day to replace towels, take out any garbage and make the beds. The two days that we had limited service was over the holidays. We requested that in observance of the holiday anyone wanting their room serviced to notify the desk, and we would gladly clean your room. The ice maker was never brought to my attention, but in order to keep a clean ice bucket we turn off the ice maker each time someone checks out. All that needed to be done was turn it back on to start making ice, or we also have a ice maker on first floor for our guest to use. I'm so sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience, and I did try to offer a resolution and make things right but you declined. I do feel that we could have fixed a lot of the issues you experienced if they would have been brought to my attention sooner. We take pride in making sure all of our guest have a memorable stay.

kind regards,
Amber Revier
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2018

My sister and I stayed at the hotel on Jan 6th luckily only for 1 night. We had to be in and out of town and was just looking for a good night rest.

The first room they gave us # 310 was missing all kinds of things; bedding for the pull out which we needed, glasses real or paper/plastic and there was no ice bucket for the key points. The wonderful front desk clerk apologized profusely and gave us a different room, # 213 I believe.

That room had the bedding, minus the comforter, filthy glasses but at least we could wash them...still no ice bucket. A really odd item not to have in a hotel. We just grabbed the tray in the freezer and used that. We stayed in that room. It was VERY drafty and VERY loud, you could hear he traffic all night so we didn't get any sleep.

Breakfast was fair, there was only one poor woman trying to refill things etc.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel altogether
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Amber R, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. The feedback is very important to us as we strive to always provide a positive experience. In your case it seems as though we could have done better. I'm glad the front desk was able to move your room. I do believe that many times our guests mistake our comforters missing because they are thin in appearance. Our rooms do not come with ice buckets due to the full freezer in the room. I will be sure to discuss with our desk that they must inform our guests to turn on the ice maker once in the room. You also mentioned that you could hear the street noise and the room was very drafty. This could have easily been resolved because many times this is due to one of the windows not being properly latched. I'm very sorry that we did not provide a memorable experience, and I hope that you will consider us in the near future.

Kind regards,
Amber R
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We were disappointed with many aspects of our stay at this property during the Christmas holidays. First thing was that we hoped we could do a little low key entertaining instead of always depending on family to host. When we got to the room we realized that apparently you can advertise a kitchenette with a two-burner stovetop (placed so close to the side of the refrigerator that it was barely usable) and a microwave as a "full kitchen." No oven, NOT a full kitchen.

The room was shabby and not completely clean. Wood veneer peeling off on bathroom cabinets and headboard. Soap scum around faucets looked like it hadn't seen a cleaning rag in months. The inner lining of the shower curtin was too short and it wasn't fastened to the rod on either end so every shower flooded the bathroom floor.

We are not high maintenance and we are not slobs. We don't leave our clothes all over and we throw away our trash. The first day we used the "no service today" sign.
The next day our room was "cleaned" but toilet not scrubbed - REALLY? Toothpaste not cleaned from bathroom sink area. Every other day would have been fine with us if the room had ever been 100% cleaned.

I thought a place where people stay for business would have better technology. The only outlet by my side of the bed had a clock radio and wall light plugged in so no access for recharging. No docking stations or USB ports. The free wifi was slow, but of course you could choose to get gouged for paid wifi. Both TVs had a Netflix interface which never worked. Every time we tried to log in we got an error message.

Every day there was a problem with restocking ammenities. Day of arrival - the lotion was empty. One day, no replacement coffee packets, salt or pepper. One day, no replacement make-up wipe. Another day, missing towels. The day before we checked out the dish scrubbing wand disappeared.

Then there was the couple having a knockdown dragout fight complete with screaming and loud booms and crashes at 3 am.

Since we stayed for a week, we wanted a place that had some extra added comforts, but what we got didn't even meet minimum standards.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Amber R, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience. I would also like to go over a few details with you just to clear up some misunderstandings. Our standard rooms come with stove tops and the microwave combination. If you need an oven those are only available in our fireplace suites and two bedroom suites. In regards to your room cleaning, when you stay for a week we offer two full cleans, and each day we restock towels, take out garbage and restock amenities. What you experienced was definitely not up to our standard process. I do know that on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we put up signs to let guest know we had limited housekeeping, and if our guests wanted their room cleaned to contact the front desk. I will follow up with our housekeeping manager about the cleanliness issues you had with your room. We pride ourselves in making sure everyone has a great experience. Please let us know about the issues during your stay so we can have the opportunity to follow up and correct them. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,