“Good!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Pine River
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a neighborhood Bar & Grill with a Dining Room for more intimate dining. We also have a Banquet room available for meetings & groups. We added outside patio dining in the front and back as well!
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We went to Bites on a Friday night in May. We were all looking forward to trying the restaurant. Appetizers were reuben bites (YUM) and steak bites (so-so). The all you can eat shrimp was a hit with the guys. FYI-it's not just the shrimp that is AYCE, it is the fries, too! The pecan encrusted walleye sandwich was good, but better without the bun. Tater tots were awesome! Bloody Mary was good as well. Our waiter did a great job and was very friendly. The only thing that I didn't like is the tables were rather close to each other. Not much privacy, but oh well :)

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Great food nice place to have dinner or even just a few drinks staff was great we will eat here again

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Always enjoy Bites for lunch. Have lunch here several times a year. Nice friendly place to stop on the way to the lake.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

This is a story of inconsistency rather than a bad review alone. My wife had the special last Saturday and it was cod with hollandaise and she added a salad and mac and cheese. The salad was good as usual. The cod was a disaster. It could barely be cut with a fork and flaking fish was not even in the picture. It was cool versus warm and we mentioned both the cut of fish that was tough and the fact it was not close to warm. They took it back and probably put it in the microwave. It came back warm but tougher than before. She did not eat more than 10% of the fish and the mac and cheese lacked much reason to eat it either. The host and waiter asked how things were and we told them that the fish was inedible. Neither seemed to have a plan for a complaint of this magnitude. No offer to not charge for the meal otreven buy the drinks (less than $6). I have had many meals at this local restaurant and have usually been very satisfied. Not this time. My meal was the cajun pasta which was not warm and was inconsistently bland. I plan to go back one more time and if things are this bad, I am done. This is one of our only local option so I am very sad to give them a bad review. I think everyone should be trained how to handle this sort of complaint and have a plan - coupon, buy drinks or something. If I were not local I would not enter the door again.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We went on a Saturday. Ordered Prime Rib. Told the waiter pink...it came back gray and tough. It was like the cook made it Friday...no one ordered it so he saved it for Saturday...The worst we have ever had. I read all the good reviews...maybe the cook just better learn to cook prime rib...might I suggest Charlies UP North...We wanted some place closer. The service from the waiter was good...the only bright spot of the night. Sorry won't be back.