“Magical Georgian house tucked away in Stillwater”

and 1 more site!
Outing Lodge at Pine Point
Reviewed 12 June 2016

I had a Groupon which I used for my wife's birthday early this month. So, I jumped on opportunity to give this place a try. We had already came here in March for their March Chocolate B&B Tour. So, we were impressed with the wonderful landscaping as well as actor-themed rooms. I was lucky to book early enough for us to stay at the Eva Peron room (largest in the house) over this weekend. Check-in was recommended at 3PM with the other Groupon guests to have the house tour followed by wine and cheese. Our host helped us up to our room. We were surprised at the layout with 3 rooms inside. There was the bedroom in the main room. To the immediate right, there was a separate large bathroom (jetted hot tub and shower). The 2nd room to the right was another smaller bedroom/study room with 2 desks. One of the desks had an old typewriter and loved the antique style picked out by the owner's wife, Carlota. We used this room to do some work if we didn't want to bother each other in the wee hours in the night. The 3rd room was straight in the back along the window which was a sun room. It had a recliner chair with a small fold-able cot along with fridge and microwave. With temperatures in the 90's, we avoided this room until the sunset or early in the morning.

Once it reached 3:30PM, all the guests arrived and we walked down to the lobby for tour of the library as well as the grounds. It ended in the basement floor where there is a bar setup with tables. We got to taste both red and white wines along with some cheese and crackers with the other couples. Afterwards, we were torn to use the coupons our host gave us to some downtown Stillwater restaurants. We decided to try out Lolo's which I remembered was mentioned to me when I booked the room.

After returning back, we took a stroll in the Pine Point Park which is behind the Outing Lodge. We got a little lost but found our way back using the Gateway bike trail. We had a Redbox DVD so was able to enjoy that in our room since there was a DVD player with the TV.

The next morning, we were awoken to a large rainstorm and later came down for breakfast at 9AM. Wow, the layout was truly unique with European style breakfast with croissants, puffy pastries, some fresh baguette slices with cold cuts and cheeses, cheese omelet, melon berry with yogurt as well as granola and fresh fruit cocktail. There are more but my photos will be better to show you what a thorough and thoughtful job for the true B&B experience.

We later came back to our room and packed up to check out. Wow, my wife was very impressed so hope to come back again. Be sure to wear bug spray as well as long pants when you go exploring the trails in the backyard. We had rainy weather so the bugs were biting. Plus, the state park signs warned of ticks too. There is WiFi which is a huge plus since the last B&B that we stayed at didn't have it.

Room Tip: Eva Peron is the largest and faces the backyard into the woods.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip Y

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I had no problem making the reservation with the Groupons I had purchased, Mark was friendly and accommodating. When we arrived we were shown our room which was very nice and recently had some remodeling done. We had a tour and wine and cheese get together shortly after we arrived. The staff was welcoming and friendly. Service was good as was the breakfast. We liked the area because of the hiking trails near by and the closeness to Stillwater and the river. It was a relaxing and fun couple of day for us. This is a very old B&B but kept up nicely and they are working on updating the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I purchased the Groupon for the Outing Lodge and had a wonderful stay. Scheduling our room was slightly difficult due to Groupon requirements - but once we got there we had a wonderful wine tasting and tour of the grounds. My partner actually proposed during our stay - and we spent the night celebrating with everyone else at the lodge as well as the staff and owners! I wouldn't choose a different place to have such a fun celebration. Also, they have a wonderful chocolate lab who greets you with the most adorable tail wag. It's a great place to stay while visiting Stillwater!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla M
Reviewed 30 December 2015

I really wish I could give a higher rating. However if I could give a 2.5 star rating I would There are things really great about this place, such as the friendly host, the complementary wine and cheese sampling and tour upon arrival, Choco the friendly and lovable chocolate lab who loves to go for walks on the gorgeous state park trails, the cozy first floor fireplace, and the tasty breakfast served each morning. We read bad reviews about the dog, however he was the sweetest dog we had ever met. He's really a perk of staying here. However the downsides were finding dog hair all over our bed sheets and ants in our bathroom and bedroom area in the winter months Unsure why there would've been ants in the bathroom? But they were crawling all over the floor by the sink. The host was so nice I didn't have the heart to tell him about the ants.
We had a good time however probably would not return. If you like history, this place has some great history behind it (it was a poor house, then a nursing home and now a B&B). You can tell a lot of work has gone into remodeling it however some areas could use some more help, such as updating the bathroom a bit in the Picasso room #3.
My boyfriend and I are up for adventures, and this was def an adventure :) We had a restful and relaxing stay. Although my boyfriend had a difficult time falling asleep the second night due to the bed sinking in.

Room Tip: Picasso room is big (3 rooms) however bathroom is pretty outdated. Easy access to the parking lot th...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We booked this as an overnight stay while visiting friends in Stillwater. The place is old but very comfortable. I loved the original wide planked floors and the huge fireplace. The lighting is soft making it cozy on a cold winter night. The bedroom was nothing special but the bed was comfortable, and they allow pets. Their own dog is walking around greeting people, and the owners are very nice and welcoming. We will be going back...maybe for one of ther themed dinners!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Water Street Inn
#6 of 7 in Stillwater
36.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
9.1 km away
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater
7.7 km away
Rivertown Inn
Rivertown Inn
#4 of 9 in Stillwater

Been to Outing Lodge at Pine Point? Share your experiences!