All reviewspine pointhiking trailsweekend weddingbreakfast was deliciousgateway trailb and bdowntown stillwaterouting lodgecarlottarelaxation
Reviewed 12 May 2016

I had no problem making the reservation with the Groupons I had purchased, Mark was friendly and accommodating. When we arrived we were shown our room which was very nice and recently had some remodeling done. We had a tour and wine and cheese get together shortly after we arrived. The staff was welcoming and friendly. Service was good as was the breakfast. We liked the area because of the hiking trails near by and the closeness to Stillwater and the river. It was a relaxing and fun couple of day for us. This is a very old B&B but kept up nicely and they are working on updating the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I purchased the Groupon for the Outing Lodge and had a wonderful stay. Scheduling our room was slightly difficult due to Groupon requirements - but once we got there we had a wonderful wine tasting and tour of the grounds. My partner actually proposed during our stay - and we spent the night celebrating with everyone else at the lodge as well as the staff and owners! I wouldn't choose a different place to have such a fun celebration. Also, they have a wonderful chocolate lab who greets you with the most adorable tail wag. It's a great place to stay while visiting Stillwater!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla M
Reviewed 30 December 2015

I really wish I could give a higher rating. However if I could give a 2.5 star rating I would There are things really great about this place, such as the friendly host, the complementary wine and cheese sampling and tour upon arrival, Choco the friendly and lovable chocolate lab who loves to go for walks on the gorgeous state park trails, the cozy first floor fireplace, and the tasty breakfast served each morning. We read bad reviews about the dog, however he was the sweetest dog we had ever met. He's really a perk of staying here. However the downsides were finding dog hair all over our bed sheets and ants in our bathroom and bedroom area in the winter months Unsure why there would've been ants in the bathroom? But they were crawling all over the floor by the sink. The host was so nice I didn't have the heart to tell him about the ants.
We had a good time however probably would not return. If you like history, this place has some great history behind it (it was a poor house, then a nursing home and now a B&B). You can tell a lot of work has gone into remodeling it however some areas could use some more help, such as updating the bathroom a bit in the Picasso room #3.
My boyfriend and I are up for adventures, and this was def an adventure :) We had a restful and relaxing stay. Although my boyfriend had a difficult time falling asleep the second night due to the bed sinking in.

Room Tip: Picasso room is big (3 rooms) however bathroom is pretty outdated. Easy access to the parking lot though!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We booked this as an overnight stay while visiting friends in Stillwater. The place is old but very comfortable. I loved the original wide planked floors and the huge fireplace. The lighting is soft making it cozy on a cold winter night. The bedroom was nothing special but the bed was comfortable, and they allow pets. Their own dog is walking around greeting people, and the owners are very nice and welcoming. We will be going back...maybe for one of ther themed dinners!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea6448
Reviewed 13 November 2015

The Outing Lodge has so much natural beauty. It was the perfect setting for our simple but very special day. The girls got ready in the wedding suite which gave perfect natural lighting and a picturesque setting for glam. We took our wedding photos in the forest behind the lodge that couldn't of been more beautiful. For food we started with appetizers of bruschetta and stuffed mushrooms, then an Italian buffet that was very tasty. We do have some warnings though if you are considering planning a wedding here which you can read on the the knot or wedding wire. As far as the rooms, beautiful charm but with charm comes older furniture/beds. A little too spendy to return even with a $100 gift card due to very poor communication and a high level of stress and unprofessional-ism from one of the owners. Fair morning breakfast buffet. Great trails surround the lodge as well.

Room Tip: get a room with a soaking tub
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family