“Conveniently Located ”

Quality Bakery & Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Northfield
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This bakery has been here since I was a kid, and while I loved it then I find it mediocre now. The donuts are okay, though they have a good selection, but the staff has never been terribly friendly.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I came in to pick up something for breakfast. It was about 7:45 am. There was a gentleman who was just walking out when I walked in. The phone was ringing for some time, as I was not in a hurry I offered to let her answer the phone. Was I got was a snappy "I KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO!" and yes she yelled at me. I asked for a doughnut and left. The doughnut was good.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This place has fabulous pastries in an authentic, old fashioned setting. Be sure to call ahead if you want pastries to take home, as they only prepare a few of each kind and the owner likes to save some back for her regular customers.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Outstanding cherry streusel, pumpkin bars and cinnamon rolls. Hamburger buns are fantastic too. Never mind the calories and enjoy!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We just moved here and were invited to a National Night Out get together in our new neighborhood. Not yet equipped to prepare a dish to pass, we thought it would be nice to bring some treats from the local bakery. I inquired to the woman behind the counter how much a dozen cookies would cost. She condescendingly retorted they were 90 cents each, so it would be $10.80. At that point, I was tempted to leave, but felt intimidated and didn't want to bring stuff from the grocery store. So, I ordered a variety of cookies. She put them hastily in a bag. I asked if she could put them on a plate as I was bringing them to a party to serve. Begrudgingly, she put them in a box and warned me not to shake the box or they might break. My husband tried warming her up with conversation about the upcoming vacation he saw from a sign they posted, to no avail. We shared our experience with a neighbor who confirmed that the owner is most unpleasant, but that their cake donuts are wonderful. I have no idea if those cookies were any good as I didn't try any. Never going back there! How the heck do they stay in business?

1  Thank minniegirl01