“Get stuff to bring home!”

Quality Bakery & Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Northfield
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Outstanding cherry streusel, pumpkin bars and cinnamon rolls. Hamburger buns are fantastic too. Never mind the calories and enjoy!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We just moved here and were invited to a National Night Out get together in our new neighborhood. Not yet equipped to prepare a dish to pass, we thought it would be nice to bring some treats from the local bakery. I inquired to the woman behind the counter how much a dozen cookies would cost. She condescendingly retorted they were 90 cents each, so it would be $10.80. At that point, I was tempted to leave, but felt intimidated and didn't want to bring stuff from the grocery store. So, I ordered a variety of cookies. She put them hastily in a bag. I asked if she could put them on a plate as I was bringing them to a party to serve. Begrudgingly, she put them in a box and warned me not to shake the box or they might break. My husband tried warming her up with conversation about the upcoming vacation he saw from a sign they posted, to no avail. We shared our experience with a neighbor who confirmed that the owner is most unpleasant, but that their cake donuts are wonderful. I have no idea if those cookies were any good as I didn't try any. Never going back there! How the heck do they stay in business?

1  Thank minniegirl01
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We have stopped here a few times, tempted by the displays. Food is good, but very expensive for what we got.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I still come in here occasionally but the quality of the baked goods has declined in recent years and is no better than grocery-store quality at this point.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Some bakeries have fancy desserts that double as works of art in their cases. Quality Bakery has MY kind of pastries.....Long Johns...Bismarks...Sugar Cookies.....Glazed Donuts.....and seasonal Hot Cross Buns and Yule Kage. When I need a sugar fix, I go to the Quality Bakery.....have Doug or Sue sell me a sugary delight, then have some of their house coffee as I sit at a window table and watch Norhfield walk by.