“Legit Mexican food for a good price”
Review of El Triunfo

El Triunfo
Ranked #21 of 52 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 May 2016

They offer a decent range of options, but everything is legit and tasty. Also, it is really cheap, so you can eat a lot for less than $10.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

We stopped by and took our order to go. It was wonderful mexican food. We enjoyed it immensely, had burritos, tamales and their guacamole was out of this world. The sauce was tasty but hot!

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a converted gas station. It is owned and ran by a Mexican couple who are very nice. They have really big burritos and excellent combination plates. My favorite thing is the green sauce which reminds me of a jalapeño cilantro sour cream. It would be good on shoe leather. I've tried several different dishes here and they were all very good. There is also a couple of shopping aisles in this restaurant where you can purchase Mexican ingredients such as tortillas , peppers, beans , rice , salsa and fresh vegetables. There is also a butcher counter where you can order meat to take home. I ordered steak and brought it home and grilled it and it was delicious , as it tasted as if it had been marinated in garlic and lime juice and peppers. It's not much to look at on the inside ,your typical hole -in -the- wall restaurant I would define it as , but if you're looking for something different with good flavor served by nice people at a good price then I suggest giving it a try!

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

The food is fabulous. If you're looking for flair, ambience, mariachi music, or even a spotless interior, you'll be disappointed.
But if you want authentic, flavorful, prepared-when-ordered Mexican food, you can't go wrong.
The tortas chorizo is my go-to. The tamales are the second-best I've ever had (a family member makes the best, so second place will have to do), and the street tacos are first rate.
If you go, think of it more as a grab-and-go kind of place. In the summer, one of my favorite lunch activities is getting a torta and going down by the river for a quiet lunch on a picnic table. Top off your lunch with a strawberry Jarritos and you're all set!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is a small family owned and operated restaurant and grocery. I would like to give it a five star rating, however there are a few things that deter me from doing that. It's not the food however, which is fabulous! We buy their tamales by the dozen, they are spicier than most so we love it! The prices are really reasonable and if you're not a big eater, you're likely to have left overs. The location is very small and the space and tables are limited but it's just enough for the family to cover.