“Amazing tea selection & breakfast options”

Goodbye Blue Monday Coffee House
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Located in the heart of Northfield, this shop is just the place to start your day! Breakfast offerings include: muesli, granola, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, juice, etc. The loose tea bar has everything you could want. There is a beverage for everyone here!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The coffee is great. Everyone is always very friendly and quick! The everything bagel is to die for- best I've ever had! They don't take card so be prepared to pay In cash!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Have dined or desserted here many times in recent years. The staff is friendly and accomodating, the furniture and outdoor tables just invite you to sit down and enjoy your food. Recently I arrived after closing, and they took pity on me and sold me a piece of chocolate cake anyway. Sandwiches and entrees are excellent. Check out all the different rooms and nooks, too.. This place is special to me as the first restaurant I visited after deciding to eat more vegetarian ... the non-meat lunch I had got me thru some initial anxiety about my decision, and its held for 5 years.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I love Northfield, which still retains a vibrant old-fashioned "Main Street". I really enjoy the selection of 20+ hot teas at this coffee house. They give you a little "seeper thing" which you use to grab the tea out of the jars which are displayed and then you set that in your tea. Lots of seating and a great vibe overall.

Bring cash though as they don't accept credit cards. I had to hit the ATM at the bank next door.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I love this place. Locals just call it "Blue Monday". It has an ambiance of free creativity due to the many students from Carleton College who enjoy the free wifi and the many quiet small tables. The furniture is comfortable and not matched and tends toward formica tabletops and old lamps. If I have a project to do, I hang out here because you can almost feel the brainwaves in the air.