“Average and less”

Applebee's
Ranked #40 of 52 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Ask about the oriental chicken salad.......the chicken was done to a hard crisp that you could not chew. I have had the crispy chicken before but this was probably deep fried a few days prior. My husband had grilled chicken and it was good. I would have sent it back but we didn't have time with an upcoming appt. and the restaurant was busy. The chef would have known this was WAY overdone. Yes, I mentioned it to the waitress and she said they were so busy they were doing the crispy chicken ahead so it probably dried out. It was terrible. If it's not up to standards, DON'T SERVE IT!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I saw the Applebee's sign and thought, "yeah, I've eaten at Applebee's before", so I stopped. This was a downsized Applebee's restaurant, smaller in size building and smaller dining area. Only a few tables of people when I walked in but service was still slow. One server was sitting at a table eating some food so I figured she wasn't going to be my server. Bartender was busy chatting with friends sitting at the bar and sharing pictures on her cell phone. Eventually bartender walked over to our table. We just had a cocktail and appetizers, our order was taken and then bartender stopped to chat with her friends again before placing our order. Order arrived but we had no plates or silverware on the table. I've had better service at Applebee's.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Applebee's in Northfield offers a nice variety of food and beverages. Currently, they offer half-priced appetizers late afternoon, and possible other times. Monday's are great if you're looking for a deal on hamburgers. My family usually visit 2-4 times a month. Their food and service can sometimes be somewhat of a roller coaster. We have left very pleased and also left very disappointed. I guess it depends whether you hit it on a good day, with good cooks and good management. It's a good option if you want a sit down meal, with bar choices.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Thirteen of us boisterous (but sober) seniors dropped in for an early dinner (4:45) dinner on a recent Sunday afternoon. It appeared that one seasoned waitress was assisted by two recent hires and one "trainee". We all were our normal joking selves and much enjoyed teasing and responding to the wait staff and each other. I believe that two entree orders and one drink refill came incorrectly, but our bunch just passed stuff around and traded until everyone was content with what they had. The waitresses were a delight and really took good care of us. Our only disappointment was the ability of the cook and quality of the shrimp. Some dishes were obviously far overcooked (black, carbon-caked baby-back ribs- rubber-eraser-texture super thin, heavily battered shrimp- french fries that tasted like they were prepared in the same deep fryer as the seafood, and a replacement plate of shrimp that again were thin, heavily battered, and tough.) Fortunately, I and one other diner like charred baby-back ribs and after the servers brought us some extra honey BBQ sauce, we (all) cleaned the table. We and the servers had a perfectly pleasant experience (somewhat due to our positive, easy-going attitude). The place filled up and although we saw other order confusions with other customers, the overall experience in the restaurant area was great. I cannot say the same for the food on that particular day. We eat regularly at our home Applebee's and fortunately, the food quality and preparation are consistently far better than we experienced on this particular day.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Applebee's isn't anything special in and of itself, but let's be real here: this is the classiest place for a meal here in Northfield other than the Ole Store, the Golf Club, or eating at one of the colleges. I'm giving it five stars in that regard, though keep in mind this would be a 3 or 4 in a big city.