“The big guy with the blue glasses is awesome!”
Review of Tandem Bagels

Tandem Bagels
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Northfield
Description: Made from scratch bagels, baked goods, soups, salads and locally roasted coffee.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

And so is everything else about this place. The owner is a good citizen, donating leftover bagels to the Area Learning Center to help students and their families in need. On a couple occasions when I arrived before my dining partners, he got me started with my coffee and let me pay later when we ordered our food. Just really nice touches. The decor is modern, classy and clean, and the two bay-window seating spots are fantastic for people-watching, which is never not interesting in Northfield! The young staff is often busy but always friendly and welcoming.

On to the food. Something has changed for the better with the bagels. An oft-heard complaint was that they were not "New York" enough and also too small. The last few times I've been there, the bagels have been much bigger, and I think they've improved their recipe too -- more chewy and less "bready." Everything on the menu is made with super fresh ingredients. I've yet to order anything I've been disappointed in. My favorite drink, not always on the menu but will be made for you on request, is a superlative maple cardamom latte.

Try Tandem. You'll like it, and you'll be supporting a great local business.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Very good bagels! The cream cheese is really good as well. Breakfast sandwich is good .
Clean food. Organic

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We were attending a track meet at Carlton College and stopped here for lunch - mainly because there was a parking spot right in front! It was pretty busy. There is dining in front and in back so plenty of places to eat. Lots of students with laptops open so that was a good sign. We ordered the roast beef with horseradish sauce sandwich and it was delicious. We split a dessert from their large selection and grabbed an energy ball to go for our son who said it was delicious. It was very busy, and the workers kept up with orders and were helpful with the menu - lots of great choices. If we lived near here, we would come again and again and try a little of everything. A great place right downtown Northfield!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Toasty bagels with fresh toppings.

Lattes are excellent with choice of almond milk.

Good atmosphere...eco conscious.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Have known Tandem was in town, but first visit was just this past Dec. Their bagels are exactly like those out East....we lived in eadtern PA for 8 years,enjoying bagels quite often. And theirs are superior to a well known Twin Cities bagel chain! A must visit for bagel lovers in Northfield.